Alternate Reality- The Underdog Second Nationality Database

Eric the Red

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering, would anyone be interested in playing a database where players with more than one nationality, play for their weakest international side?

Just think; imagine a world where superstars had decided not to play for the likes of England, Germany, Holland and France, but instead wanted to give their less glamorous half a chance on the world stage. This alternate reality could have really happened in a less globalised world.

For example, Mario Balotelli, Danny Welbeck and Jerome Boateng playing for Ghana, Wayne Rooney for Ireland, Kompany, Lukaku, Benteke, Mangala etc. playing for DR Congo, and half the Belgian (& Dutch) team playing for Morocco, with the other half of the Oranje playing for Suriname.

There'd be David Alaba and the De Guzman brothers playing for the Philippines, Yohan Cabaye playing for Vietnam, and a Jamaican attacking five of Sturridge, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling and Ravel Morrison (THINK OF THE PACE).

Martinique would be able to field a side featuring Thierry Henry, Raphael Varane, Eric Abidal, Mikael Silvestre, Jonathan Zebina, Gael Clichy, Loic Remy, Kevin Theophil-Catherine and Axel Witsel. And just imagine the Turkish team...

The possibilities are almost endless, and I bet it'd make international football really fun! A lot more even too. It would be a good challenge to try and win the World Cup with one of these improved minnows packed with superstars and wonderkids. .

I am more than willing to make it, but only if there's some interest from you all!
I've made databases before (like a 'All-time Legends at their starting club' db in fm11) but this would be the first I've ever uploaded. So, what do you think? Is it worth a shot? :D

Edit: Okay guys, I've uploaded it!
Link is here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nv8ntn9zg723uay,du881dd4nptqdc9/shared

Enjoy the game :)

Last edited:
it should be easier then the legends db you made as you only need to swap players first nationality with one of their secondary ones instead of completely making new players.

Africa (as a continent) would be so much more competitive against the top european and south american nations when they get back the majority of the French team aswell as some of the Portugese (Nani playing for the cape verde islands)

Yeah, definitely. I've actually already started making it, and its quite a bit faster than the legends db.

Exactly! Some of these teams are starting to look very strong, enough to give any of the top European nations a run for their money! The South Americans are still strong though, as most of their ancestry is from Europe. Like right now I'm wondering what to do with all the Argentinian Italians like Javier Zanetti, Cambiasso and Diego Milito.

My test save is proving a very fun game though :p

This would be a lot of fun to play, looking forward to this!

Thanks! I've been pretty busy with work the last few days, but once I've got a bit of time I'll definitely upload it. It's nearly ready :)

Alright, so I must ask, do people like the idea of me 'unretiring' all those current players who have retired from international football, but are still playing for their clubs?

I think it would be a good idea, however it might be worth doing it last so you can keep a version where they are all still retired so people have the choice.

This may be impossible but how would oyu be able to do that for regens. If not wouldn't the worlds rankings return to who they are now (relatively). Another would be I would love to see the world result after you have done this?

I forgot all about this, but I still have the DB on my laptop. I'll upload it for anyone who wants a quick, fun game before starting FM15. Now, how do I upload this? What's the best way to, any idea? :)

I forgot all about this, but I still have the DB on my laptop. I'll upload it for anyone who wants a quick, fun game before starting FM15. Now, how do I upload this? What's the best way to, any idea? :)

upload it to mediafire then share the link here.