Am I doing something wrong with the England Job application?

Gibballo

Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is in the correct thread, if not, my apologies.

I've just completed my 9th season with Newcastle, who are now just behind Barcelona in stature. I have won the Premier league 7 times in a row, and the Champions League 3 times. Things have went extremely well. But I've applied for the England job a couple of times now, and every time, they laugh off my application, and appoint a far inferior manager.

I'm English, most of the stars in the English team are from Newcastle, I've tried applying before and after resigning from Newcastle, neither with success. Is this a bug in the game? Or is somebody in the FA a Mackem with a very strong grudge?

Very grateful for any help, thank you.

if they laugh at you no better way than taking a main rival to the top...eg scotland/wales.

Odd, very odd. I was offered it after winning the league 5 times with spuds so you should defo have the chance. Look at the fa irl, they do strange things!

My save has gone on for over 20 years and the last 3 England managers have been regens with no prior experience and they only have one or two stats over 10.

This is despite some of the best English managers being linked to the job before hand...

My save has gone on for over 20 years and the last 3 England managers have been regens with no prior experience and they only have one or two stats over 10.

This is despite some of the best English managers being linked to the job before hand...

same as mine! im in 2030 with radcliffe borough..took them all the way now,and they still laugh off my applications and appoint regens like you juts mentioned..its crazy! so i won the euros with scotland to prove a point haha and now england are 42nd in the world rankings,sucks to be them!

Wow bit harsh i finished 3rd after getting promoted with west ham in my second season and in my third i got offered the job i qualified for the world cup won the premier league, carling cup and champions league and then went off to brazil and won the world cup!

I wish I knew, I've now managed Salisbury City for 11 years, I have won Premier League 6 times in a row, I have an unbeaten run of over 200 games, only losing 14 times in my career, as well as winning the League Cup 8 times, The Community Shield, and FA Cup 7 times, Super Cup 6 times, Champions League 5 times, Club World Cup Championships 4 times, and the Euro Cup twice, not to mention, the FA trophy, and Johnstone Paint. All I want to do know is add a World Cup and European Cup to that, but for some reason no matter what country I apply for, they always turn my application down, what else a'm I meant to do?