• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 418

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi signs a new two-year contract extension at St James' Park.

More...

He's loyal, but I swear he never plays? It's like 300 appearances in 11 years and only 80 or so goals in return. That's ridiculous!

I hate players who are just in it for the money/saying "I play for a big club!" but maybe he is just very loyal to Toon.

Anyway, it looks like he'll be getting more games now so maybe not a bad decision at all?

He's loyal,but I swear he never plays? It's like 300 appearances in 11 years and only 80 or so goals in return. That's ridiculous!

I hate players who are just in it for the money/saying "I play for a big club!" but maybe he is just very loyal to Toon.

Anyway, it looks like he'll be getting more games now so maybe not a bad decision at all?

Not that bad considering he's very injury prone.

He's loyal, but I swear he never plays? It's like 300 appearances in 11 years and only 80 or so goals in return. That's ridiculous!

Still nearly 30 games a season, not bad for a rotation/back up striker. Alot of those games will be sub appearances, granted, but in that case the goal to game ratio isn't that bad.

I imagine, since he has been at the club since he was 13, he is playing for the club he loves/wants to play for, if he is offered a contract, I can't see any reason why he would turn it down.

Well, we still need a striker that can actually score goals, although Shola did alright last season, if we want to push on and improve, we need someone better than him and Ba, or someone that can play with Ba, although we might play HBA just behind Ba, so who knows. Either way, we need a top quality striker, and considering we have hardly used any of the Carroll money, we should be able to bring someone decent in.

Back