American Soccer League Pyramid (Nne Tiers, Twelve+ Cups, Fictional)

• Thread starter Thread starter MiloBloom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6K

MiloBloom

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Since last summer I've spent a lot of individual time and effort creating a fictional tiered American Soccer league pyramid. Now I'm approaching the finish line. It started from inputting the latitudes, longitudes, and weather of hundreds of American cities to creating original(and uncreative) stadium names for clubs in those cities to creating hundreds of referees.

Now, what am I close to finishing? A giant American soccer pyramid that at its height is on par with the other great domestic leagues and at its bottom is comparable to the lower leagues available around the Football Manager world. Oh, and don't forget the cups.

Here is some more detail:

- A nine tiered pro/reg pyramid ranging from the American Premier League to regional divisions. Over 300 teams participating in active and playable leagues. Below that, a giant inactive league that functions as a feeder for another 100+ created clubs to feed into the bottom division.

The Tiers are divided into this (# Divisions/ # Clubs in EACH division)*:

*Example: (2/16) = 32 clubs in that tier. Sixteen clubs divided into two divisions

American Premier League (1/18)
American National League (1/18)
American Federal League (1/18)
NSA Championship (2/16) East/West
NSA League One (2/16) East/West
NSA League Two (2/16) East/West
Patriot League Elite (4/15) North/South/Central/West
Patriot League One (4/15) North/South/Central West
USS Regional Premier Leagues (8/9) Northeast/Mid-Atlantic/Southeast/Midwest/Great Plains/Southwest/West/Northwest

*Inactive Lower League feeds into Regional Premier (200+ clubs)

The Cups

The National Cups (Clubs involved):
A newly revamped U.S. Open Cup (All created clubs, even in inactive feeder league)
Soccer Bowl (Pre-season one-off between U.S. Open Cup and American Premier League winners)
President's Cup (Tiers 1-3)
Lamar Hunt Trophy (Tiers 3-6)
Patriot League Invitational Cup (Tiers 7-8)
Federal Cup (9+Inactive Leagues)

And the Regional Cups (Region):
Northeast Regional Cup(Northeast) * Not yet named, more on this later
Colonial Cup (Mid-Atlantic)
Dixie Cup (Southeast)
Great Lakes Trophy (Midwest)
Great Plains Cup (Great Plains)
Sun Belt Trophy (Southwest)
Rose Cup (West)
Cascadia Cup (Northwest)

Customized and regionally based Youth and Reserve Leagues.

The Clubs
560 is the current total. One club per American city, with the exception being New York, which also has its Burroughs represented(although, they start in the inactive leagues). Every U.S. state is represented, even Alaska.

Every club has a unique stadium and reserve stadium.

Every team has its own home/away/goalkeepers uniforms. So now Red/Blue blandness.

---

Now, I need your help.

Over the course of this project, my creativity(which I already lack) has been stretched to its absolute limits. I've picked out over 500 cities, given them each two unique stadiums/fields, created three uniforms for them etc. The foundation has been set.

I now need the creative minds of sites like this to make this database great.

What do I need?

Club Names* - With over 500 clubs in 500 different U.S. cities, I just don't have the creativity to create names for all those clubs. If anyone is interested in a particular region, state, even just an individual club to name, please let me know(Private Message preferable), and I will give you the details.

Cities/teams range from Los Angeles, CA to Idaho Falls, ID, to Gadsden, AL. Every state is represented with at least a couple teams. Obviously California has many (over 50) and Alaska is limited to only a few.

As soon as the clubs are finally flushed out, the database will be released to the public. So I just need your help down this final stretch.

*Teams already have unique uniforms and colors, but I am very open to make changes if you are willing to offer up your own idea.

Testers - I'm looking for a group of people willing to test the database.

It's functional and has not crashed on me yet, but I'm looking for help making balancing tweaks in terms of reputations, finances, attendances, etc. I will release the database early to a select few people during the club naming process to those helping me.

General Suggestions/Comments/Complaints - I'm looking for suggestions on anything.

Hate the name I gave a cup? I probably do, too. Give me your idea.

Why help me out?

Except for the fact that I think the community would really love a massive unique database(For free, or if you help, some of your time), I am more than willing to add user clubs/personnel(not players or top tier managers) to the database before the database is made public. So if you want to be an owner of your home city's clubs, it can happen. A referee? No problem. Journalist? Sure. Or even if a city you want to see is not represented, I will add it along with a personalized club and do all the work of resetting the cups to work properly so you wouldn't have to in the future(it's a pain).

It's not a lot, but I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Milo, I would be happy to help you test this if you can send me the DBC file, and I will contribute as much as I can to team names etc.

Great. Send me a PM including an area/state, etc you may be interested in helping with and I'll give you a link.

Alright mate, id gladly test this database for you , and if you need help elsewhere you can pm me and ask

MiloBloom, about the names, do you prefer the American sports styled names or more European style?

Think it is an important distinction.

I'd actually like a mix when it comes to the overall database. Either work for me as long as they are original and speak to something about the city/club.

Is there a strong Irish connection to the city you are naming? Then I don't mind a club like "_______ Rovers", same with teams like Spartak, Borussia, etc. As long as they just aren't tacked on.

I actually love the idea of them being mixed.

Also, are you all getting my PMs? It's showing I replied, but my message is not appearing like it does in this thread.

Yes, I got your PM.

Will take a look tonight at the file.

I dont think the PMs appear in your sent items until the other person has read it.

Milo, sorry for not getting back to you. I was locked up at a hotel because of work this week.

However, it gave me plenty of time to come up with names, so right now I am linking names and teams.

I hope to send you a list on monday. After that it is back to hotel....

Hmm, just loaded up the database again and either I have misplaced it (9.1v right), or I am missing about 300 teams.

Also, I noted I am missing all competition names...?

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this as it sounds like a great idea! I'd be more than happy to test, although I can't say I've got buckets of time to give!

This sounds like my ideal FM game. I'll help out in anyway I can, PM me the files/details on what you want, I have lots of time to help make this a reality!

Back