An American's Take on Stuart Holden

HotFootMcCook

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm writing concerning Stuart Holden.

From where I sit in New Orleans, I think that Holden is one of the reasons that Bolton have emerged from the doldrums of the Prem and have become the very capable side that they are. Now, I know that this is in no small part due to Owen Coyle who has revitalized the club, but looking at Stuart Holden's performances over the past year, I've come to believe that, one, he is Bolton's most capable midfielder and, two, he is my USMNT's best shot at a real creative center-midfielder.

But that's from an American who loves every American player (sans Jozy Altidore when he doesn't run).

So I'm just curious to see what the English perspective on Stuart Holden is. If you haven't seen his late, late chest-to-volley from the Lancashire derby, then watch it below:

M.B. Diouf/Stu Holden Goals

I believe that he's an incredibly talented player, and if I dare say he could be just under Landon Donovan's level in the future.

Stuart Holden is a good player in a good bolton side. He aids to the team really well. I always thought he was a good player since he came to bolton

Last edited:
Yeah he is a good midfielder. Coyle has really organised the team and the likes of Holden, Elmander and Lee are really excelling, Bolton are looking like they could push for Europe again.

Back