carrott24

Reaction score
having done a few trial runs to test the new game and never lasting longer than november i decided to get stuck in and start my first proper adventure on FM13. i started my career in slovenia and will see where the game takes me. cant say i will have the time to post regularly as i'm busy with uni and being on a proper course (chemistry), means i dont get a reading week and have more than 4 lectures a week, but i will try and update as often as possible.

Anyway, i decided to start with Maribor, the current slovenian league champions, as i am not overly familiar with slovenian football and tbh i was intrigued when they held tottenham to a draw a few weeks ago.

View attachment 282265

transfers:
in summary, no real stand out transfers. stalteri and del horno were brought in to add depth to the full back positions and verbauwhede was recommended when i hired a couple of new scouts. the rest were the usual youth players and prospects.

up to press i sit 4th in the league, 4 points behind the leaders with a game in hand, so well placed to push for the title the board so desperately wants to retain. i managed to stumble through the early qualifying rounds of the champions league and eventually succumbed to anderlecht in the play off, forcing me into the europa league and a group consisting of napoli,psv and helsingborgs (no high hopes). also won the slovenian super cup and sit on a 2-1 advantage going into the second leg of the quarter finals of the slovenian cup.

i will start producing monthly updates as of now, first post is a basic round up of whats been 'achieved' so far

November

a month of progression for the reigning champions.

View attachment 282334
a good month with only the 5-3 loss to olimpija causing any frustration, progression to the semi final of the cup is nice but by far the best thing is managing to get out of the group in the europa league. a majestic 2-0 win against psv and a scrappy 1-0 against whipping boys helsinborgs secured a historic moment in maribors history

View attachment 282335
(now 11 points behind the leaders but still have games in hand)

December/January

Only 4 games played in December and significantly, ground was made up on the runaway leaders Mura 05 with the deficit been cut from 11 points to a more manageable 5 points going into the winter break. Also a tough draw awaits in the Europa league with Schalke proving a stern test for my improving Maribor side.

View attachment 282367View attachment 282368
January was relatively quiet with a few youngsters been loaned out and no players been brought in due to budget shortcomings. A few friendlies against lower division teams and Chelsea reserves were arranged to keep the squad fit but nothing of note to report

I Remember seeing maribor play at Ibrox when they destroyed Rangers, I was disgusted at the time. good luck