Blue Scorpion

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm totally new to FM having moved (this year) from EA Sports FIFA Manager which has been discontinued. I've had a bash at the BETA version (using the full game) and was looking for ANY advice on the best way to start. The whole set-up is somewhat different to the EA game so any tips on Tactics would help but especially the player defined roles within tactics. Should you make a selection in all areas to instruct the players on do you need to look at those that specifically relate to the instructions you select in you tactical choice? As I say ANY help / advice would be great. Just for info I like to start with teams in the lower leagues (English). Cheers people!

Have a look in the tactics forum, for this and FM14 there are usually some good guides from the lads, i know there are a couple on possesion football and dictating the tempo of the game already

My tip I would give if you where new to the game is to do a season with a bigger team to get the fundamentals learn about the tactics scouting etc and then move onto the lower league. I didn't get the opportunity to play FM 14 as I had a dud laptop and am currently working my way through a season with Arsenal to understand the basics and then move on to the brilliant world of lower league management. If you give it a few days their will be loads of tips, strategies on here which will help you more!

Also if you have an active social life, are in a relationship, have a job.......kiss 'em goodbye :D lol

As far as suggestions go, Id have to say the following:

- Use paper, yes actual paper and pen! Draw out your tactics and how you want your team to play!
- In-Game read the explanations regarding player positions and roles and see how you could have your players play the way you want
- Start with a team and league you know! Knowing the players and how they play helps igniting the initial interest for the game.
- Get excited about micro-managing and managing during live games.
- In the very first save it may be useful to turn off player attribute masking, helps signing new faces.

These are just a few. As ajt09 said, kiss your every day life goodbye. FM is your life now. There is a ton of things to discover and to fall in love with. Simply enjoy.

First thing to do is call your friends and family and say goodbye.