Rivals:
Rangers (Old Firm)

Facilities:
Top Training Facilities
Good Youth Facilities

Media Prediction:
1st​ (Obviously)

Expectations:

The expectation at Celtic Fc is that you win the league, and that you should do so with ease. When taking over you have no say in what your aims are, it is win the league or be sacked. The board also expect the Scottish Cup, a trophy that Celtic love to win. They are not bothered about the League Cup so do not fret over that one, but silverware is nice so don’t write it off. Finally the big one, the money spinning Champions League, the board only expect you to get to the group stages however a 3rd​ or even 2nd​ place finish is very much achievable.

Transfers:
With Rangers in the 3rd​ Division finances are definitely going to take a hit. In light of this the board allow you £2 million for transfers and a wage budget of £291000 with about £270000 of that being spent. An evaluation of the team shows that not much improving is needed:

(I have shown the positions for the tactics I would suggest only)

4-4-2

QS3Bn.jpg

4-5-1

Y65PG.jpg

4-1-2-1-2

ku1Zt.jpg

Transfers Out:

Scott Brown:

RW3fU.jpg

As mentioned earlier finances are key at Celtic, and for the fourth best CM to be on £25k a week is a poor use of resources. Sell him early and push for £2.5 million to £3 million, hopefully a team will come in for him.

Anthony Stokes:

3mozZ.jpg

Celtic have a massive squad and unfortunately in my opinion, Stokes would just fail to make it into the team. A good player but he would be wasted at Celtic. I would say that £2 million would be a good price for him, not far over his market value but I have found there to be limitted intrest in him on my games so you will not get the best price possible.

Paddy McCourt:

olGLm.jpg

A player who starts in the reserve squad on £8k per week, no thank you. Not good enough for the team, so ship him off somewhere else. His market value has detiriorated and anywhere between £500k and £1 million is fantastic.

Transfers In:

Oskar Hiljemark:
(Can be bought for between £800k and £1.2 million)

efLvv.jpg

HEFWt.png

This boy is the steal of the century. He will destroy SPL defences with his creativity and technical ability, and will become capeable of unlocking Europe’s elite. Snap him up quckly as he is hot property and be wary of PSG as they will snoop around him every transfer window. (He has incredible resale value!)

Ademilson:
(Can be bought for £5.25 million)

HVQU7.png
kh33P.jpg

Although the budget is tight around December you may be lucky enough to receive a sizeable boost to the transfer kitty. If so, and only if so, go in for this boy, as Miku will not join at the end of his loan more often than not, Ademilson can come in to the team straight away and will develop into a world class player.

Other suggestions:

My running theme for transfers is young and developing, cheap players who can turn into world beaters. Most of you will be familiar with these players such as:

Adryan – Flamengo (£875k)
Wellington Nem – Fluminese (£3.5 million)
Mikel Diskerud – Rosenborg (Free)

*note that I did not buy the ‘other suggestions’ for my team however I feel they should slot in rather nicely.

Staff:

Although not the strongest set up I achieved great success with a largely unchanged backroom staff at Celtic. The key members are:

Johan Mjallby

pwZQz.jpg

You can get rid of Mjallby if you want to, howver he is useful for defending training and his mtovationg can be quite useful. As a Celtic fan I could not bear to get rid of Mjallby but for the casual gamer there are better assisstants sout there.

Chris McCart

RGDwx.jpg

So it is not enough to just buy young players, they need to be nurtured and trained up, this is where McCart comes in. He will guide the younger players through the developmental stages, and he undoubtedely helped the mental stats of Hiljemark and Ademilson in my save. Be wary Chelsea and Man City do try to steal him away.

Stevie Woods

OOxe7.jpg

Woods can be used to further improve Forster early on, and any future keepers you sign. His stats are great for a coach at SPL level, he can get the best out of the players.

John Park:

7ekWa.jpg

The best scout at the club by a mile, send him around Europe and he will fire accurate and frequent reports back to you, very effective when scouting for regens.

Potential Improvements:

Angel Vales:

kiJQD.jpg

From Wigan, worth whatever compensation you pay them. Good across the board for coaching, can be effective in a variety of fields, the best coach at the club in my 2019 save.

The Team:

Key players (that you must hold on to):

Victor Wanyama

ft5t8.jpg

The absoloute beast in the middle of the park, he will boss the SPL. His physical stats are insane yet he offers a creative outlet at the same time, a highly effective player, one of the best at the club. Be wary of teams coming in for him, he is tied down long term but in my save he refused to renew his contract after 4 years I think because he felt he had ‘achieved all he could.’ I sold him that year for £10 million so he is worth something.

Gary Hooper

oXGqr.jpg

A goal machine upfront, he is an out and out goal scorer. Fits into a variety of roles, from poacher to deep lying forward, another player to try and keep a hold of.

Joe Ledley

DSwQm.jpg

Criminally underrated in real life by many people, not SI. They have done him justice, as he boasts impressive technical stats and a variety of postions, a key player to any push in Europe.

Tony Watt

29zTs.jpg

By now everyone should have heard of Watt for what he did against Barca, he scored. He is a player who, even at 18 will score in this game. With the right tutelege and guidence, training in certain areas (compousure, decions and postioning) he can turn into a machine.

Summary of Squad:

With Celtic you inherit a squad that should walk the SPL, and certainly be capeable of challenging in Europe. Every are of the team has strength in depth, particularly midfield, and your team is young. No major overhaul required, just a bit of polishing.

Tactics:

4-4-2

pN1G4.png

The tactic I used in the SPL, simple 4-4-2. In the league you can afford to be expansive and attacking, do not be afraid to push Matthews and Izzaguirre up. I played a slow short passing game, stretching the play through the technically astute players that Celtic possess. This simple tactic kept the play so far up the other end of the pitch the defence had no worries.

4-5-1

Mf5EW.png

This was my away and big team Europ tactic, and it worked. Certainly a more cautious apporach, not playing the offside trap and sitting much deeper and using pace on the counter, gained Celtic many a scalp in Europe.

4-1-2-1-2

vTHjb.png

If you ever feel like your wide men are not pulling their weight simply take them out of the equation. This tactic was effective against teams who were strong at full back or weak at centre back. Crowding the middle of the park and using short passes once more combined with the technical prowess of Miku up front made for a great alternative.

*Hiljemark and Ademilson had not joined yet, they could walk into that team and take a place off of anyone they are that good!

Suggestions:

Improve the youth facilities of the club within the first two seasons, at the cost of about £4 million, you will reap the rewards later.

Hold on to youth prospects such as Denny Johstone and Paul McMullan, both extremely promising.

Set up a scouting network in South America, scour the continent and the competitions and sign them young. My best regens came from South America so trust me it works as I won the CL with them.

Bring through your own youth prospects, particularly for the CL.

Attacking football draws the crowds, fill out the stadium to help with finances.

Challenges:

To some it may sound like too easy a save but here are some ways to make it interesting if you begin to tire:

Youth Academy only- You can only play players who came through the youth academy or that you signed at the age of 18 or under.

CL Challenge- Guide Celtic to the CL more times than any other British club, ( 6 assuming Liverpool don’t win it anymore times)

League Challenge- Silence the neighbours by overtaking them in the number of league titles won.

Conclusion:

You take over a big fish in a small pond, which makes the challenge of winning the CL so much more difficult. You cannot compete with the English, Spanish, German and Italian clubs financially but with shrewd spending on youngsters you can develop a team capebale of this:

6Fs7t.png

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players"
Jock Stein

SmVr6.jpg
zj8rU.jpg
soRUZ.jpg
K7Urs.jpg

*Hope you enjoyed my first ever FM Guide :D

Thanks mate. Really helped
Thanks to Raikan to for putting the link on his page.

CMON THE HOOPS!!!

added, nice job mate
smile.gif

Cheers for linking it mate, much appreciated.

Thanks mate. Really helped
Thanks to Raikan to for putting the link on his page.

CMON THE HOOPS!!!​

Glad I could help and good to find another tim on the forum!

Great Guide. Won the treble also qualified into last 16 of the CL in a group with Lille, Milan and Shaktar. Barcelona beat me though:(

Oskar Hiljemark is a beast, £1.1million well spent!

Hail Hail.

Great Guide. Won the treble also qualified into last 16 of the CL in a group with Lille, Milan and Shaktar. Barcelona beat me though:(

Oskar Hiljemark is a beast, £1.1million well spent!

Hail Hail.

Cracking player, became a club legend in my save. Keep on going in the CL man, took me 7 years to win!

Awesome squad man, Cleverley and Hiljemark must be brilliant together.

Back