Analyzing detailed stats before signing players

K10

Reaction score
Hello All,

As we all know FM has a lot of stats regarding players´ performances. Does anyone use these stats to sign players rather than just looking at the attributes? I generally sign players looking at the attributes and average rating but recently i have noticed there might be a lot of players who could do a specific job even if there attributes are not that high.
For example: A striker who doesn't score many goals in a particular team because the team in general doesn't create many chances. But he is very good at testing the keeper with the chances that he gets with a high shots on target ratio. So logically, if i put this player in a team that creates a lot of chances, he could score a lot of goals.

Thoughts? Has anyone already done this? if yes, how were the results?

Hello All,

As we all know FM has a lot of stats regarding players´ performances. Does anyone use these stats to sign players rather than just looking at the attributes? I generally sign players looking at the attributes and average rating but recently i have noticed there might be a lot of players who could do a specific job even if there attributes are not that high.
For example: A striker who doesn't score many goals in a particular team because the team in general doesn't create many chances. But he is very good at testing the keeper with the chances that he gets with a high shots on target ratio. So logically, if i put this player in a team that creates a lot of chances, he could score a lot of goals.

Thoughts? Has anyone already done this? if yes, how were the results?

Yep I do! Key headers, key tackles and interceptions rankings are especially important to me when I have to sign new defenders. Attributes don't always tell the whole story...