Ancelotti appointed Chelsea boss

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 611

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is appointed Chelsea manager on a three-year deal.

More...

I have got a good feeling about this new manager

yeh, he's had Champions League success both as a player and manager so i think he could win the competition thats eluded you, good luck ;)

yeh, he's had Champions League success both as a player and manager so i think he could win the competition thats eluded you, good luck ;)
I really do hope he can because we have been robbed for the last 2 years. John terrys penalty miss and then the barcelona game and if United would have played as bad as they did i reckon we would have had it this year but thats irrelevant anyways because of the **** of a ref haha but yeh i hope he brings either kaka,pato,gattuso or pirlo with him

i cant see him doing well. We wasnt that great with AC. He has arsed there team up a bit, didnt get rid of players when he should have and now they have an aging squad.

I would have rather took a chance on someone like Martin O'Neil or David Moyes who are proven at premiership level.

i cant see him doing well. We wasnt that great with AC. He has arsed there team up a bit, didnt get rid of players when he should have and now they have an aging squad.

I would have rather took a chance on someone like Martin O'Neil or David Moyes who are proven at premiership level.
I suppose but chelsea have an ageing squad anyway so he will fit in lol
i would have prefered David Moyes or Frank Rijkaard but i do think he will do well

I might have to agree with kris on this one.

I think hes gonna be another scolari chelsea with start the season really well then start to lose form and players like drogba will start to lose faith in him and start sulking

then hes gonna get sacked.

In fairness, Berlusconi plays a huge role in AC Milan's transfer policy. That Ancelotti has had success in spite of such interference is a big bonus for Chelsea given Uncle Rouble's on/off tampering in team affairs.

Hiddink has laid the ground-work for Ancelotti in terms of style of play (4-2-3-1 and pressing game), Ancelotti will now have a chance to impress a form of Sacchi on Chelsea. Exceptionally worrying for the other top three if Roman actually invests in the team again. Ancelotti is the real deal if Chelsea stick with him and allow him a little bit of a learning curve in the league.

i'm just a bit iffy on him but i dont watch any italian football so i cant really comment. Good luck to him, They need to give someone 1-2 seasons to get things in place and done there own way but i cant see that happening

I really would've preferred Martin O'Neill, Rijkaard, or Moyes but hey, It's Abromovich's fault if another manager is a huge flop.

First and foremost i would have loved to see Hiddink stay, i think he did a great job but eh i understand he had a commitment with Russia.
Ancelotti, hmm i think it could go really well or terrible. Firstly, we need to give him time to settle and get use to english football - not like 3 months i mean years.
Most importantly, he needs to learn how to speak english coz to communicate with your players in one of the most important things.
I personally wanted Slaven Bilic - don't know why, just think he would be a hit in the prem.

As for signings and departures, please please please Ballack has to go, he's too old and it is showing. Possibly Marek Hamsik to replace him? Ancelotti should know about him from Serie A.
I was **** bent on wanting Malouda out during the season but iv changed my mind over the past few months, he's really shown what he's about.
I think we need a centre mid, world class winger, and a skillfull striker e.g aguero

Carlo Ancelottio is a quality manager as people have said he needs time to find the balance of how he wants his team to play, assembleing the right squad and most importantly ajust to the premier league

As for signings and departures, please please please Ballack has to go, he's too old and it is showing. Possibly Marek Hamsik to replace him? Ancelotti should know about him from Serie A.
I was **** bent on wanting Malouda out during the season but iv changed my mind over the past few months, he's really shown what he's about.
I think we need a centre mid, world class winger, and a skillfull striker e.g aguero

You're unlikely to get rid of Ballack - he's just signed a new one year deal... However, Hiddink has shown that your squad is capable of challenging for major honours for another couple of seasons but your youth set-up is a shambles and in its absence some serious investment is going to be needed in the medium-term (say within 3 seasons time). Ancelotti apparantly told Abramovic that he wants Alonso and Ribery - you're unlikely to get Alonso but Ribery is a definite possibility if the chequebook comes out for a 'marquee' purchase.

Apparently we have basically signed Zhirkov, not sure whether he woul be that good in the prem tbh.
also he wants Pato and glen johnson. PAto i would love to see him at chelsea bnut glen johnson im not to sure off because bosingwa is better imo

odear he we go again with chelsea and a new manager. they will give him 6 months and expect him to win every game, then sack him in january because he is 3rd or something,

Ancelotti - great appointment. But, personally, I would have broke the bank to bring Hiddink in permanently, he installed huge confidence in the side.

Ancelotti - great appointment. But, personally, I would have broke the bank to bring Hiddink in permanently, he installed huge confidence in the side.
i totally agree. i am sure ancelotti is on a ridiculously a large amount of money now he is manager and i dont see why abramovic didnt offer him a contract anyway because he didnt want to leave

the best thing wver happened to chelsea after mourinho left. hes a proven leader and a world class manager. chelsea will definately eye for champions league this season.

Back