• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti is hopeful of seeing out the final year of his contract but has conceded the decision is out of his hands.

More...

He always wanted to manage Roma, now they have got new owner with so much money. Hope Roma gets Carlo as their manager..

Can't see him staying tbh..

Think he deserves to stay and have another go considering that he won the double in his first season and ran Utd to the end in his second.

Think he's earned the right to have one more go - even if it is just for a few months next season to see if he can get them back up and running after a summer of working with Torres and co to get them all playing together.

andre_villasboas.jpg

Out with the old in with the new...Or new-ish who has been at Chelsea before and is practically scottish/portugese coaching god.

His most recent quote:
"People think I am the next one but I am not the next one," he said. "I am a normal coach who benefits from having top players and one day I will not benefit from having this type of talent.

"I am not the Special One. Maybe, then, I will be The S--- One.

"Porto did not choose me because Jose was here before and neither did I choose Porto because Jose was here before.

"It is just a coincidence."

Love the guy already, plus he is basically the model for how I am panning out, studying sports journalism but taking my coaching badges. Plus hes Half-British! And to top it off he managed the British Virgin Islands and knows Jose!

If Carlo was to do a runner to Roma I'm sure Boas would do an amazing job with the inevitable youthful rebuild at Chelsea.

Im already plotting Drogba out so Torres can go ST next season in a 4-3-3 and bring in Mr Hulk from Porto to go RW

Seriously? You posted a picture of Andre Villas Boas in a Chelsea thread which has every possibility of Alex seeing it?

Hope they don't, the man is class. Will miss his eye brow movement if they do though.

He's a hard man to dislike despite managing Chelsea.

If Alex catches Jimmer he'll kill him. How dare you link AVB with Chelsea on this forum :O

Dont want Carlo to be sacked but i feel he will be. The man has a year left on his contract, why not just let him see it out and then see what happens? We have had the best season in Chelsea's history and then this under par season which only included 3-4bad months so why does he deserve to be sacked. If he does get sacked which i believe he will then the only men i would be happy to replace Carlo would be Villas Boas, Hiddink and Mourinho and in that order. Anyone else would not be tollorated Roman!!!!! This season was NOT Carlo's fault!!!!

I like him, he was gracous in defeat yesterday and Chelsea won the double with him for the first time last season; Abramovich will never get his precious Champions League trophy if he keeps changing the manager every five minutes.

*waits for **** to hit the fan when Alex reads this thread*
He did a great job last year, has done a good job this year and has done great to close the Pl gap that was once 18 points this season. Deserves another go next season

If old Roman gets rid of him, it will be an absolute disgrace. Wins the double, and yes this season they didn't get any trophies, but for christs sake come on. Don't sack the guy. He's a gent, instantly likable, honorable in defeat, and still has a year on his contract. I know they don't normally count for much in football these days, but Roman should do the honorable thing, and let Carlo see out the remainder of his contract, and give him another shot. That's why some clubs pretty implode, due to instability. They get rid of him, then who would want to take over a club, that can fire you if you win the double one year, then nothing the next, and still finish 2nd? It's an absolute joke, and pretty much sums up for me what is going wrong with football with all the takeovers of clubs. Yeah they pump tons of cash into a club, and I guess it's fair enough to expect some sort of return. And so far it's hardly disastrous. Double, then 2nd, against a Man Utd side that is renowned for always doing the unexpected and finishing at the top. Everton for example, haven't won a major trophy but they've stuck with Moyes for years because he pretty much defies the odds and does the unexpected, and makes it into Europe on a shoestring budget. And who'd want to play for a club, that sacks the manager for finishing 2nd after having a superb previous season?
Finishing 2nd in the Premier league is not the end of the world, and yes, the squad should've done better at times, which is what i don't get. The board is deciding the fate of Carlo, when it's not him who is underperforming on the field. He picks the best players, who he knows, should get the job done in the 90 odd minutes, but at times, they clearly aren't-like Arsenal. Is Wenger getting sacked when they had a trophyless season and clearly would've had a shot at the title if the players actually performed-no of course not. Because they trust Arsene to do the job off the field, and he has. It's most of the players who have screwed up, and couldn't do it mentally.
What Roman should concentrate on, is trusting his manager, not firing him, and not spend an absolute fortune on one player, to use as a play toy. Chelsea is a football club, not a toy. And if the club gets treated like a toy, the fans are being treated like toys, and they won't stand for it much longer. The club needs stability. Not constant manager changes on a whim.

Last edited:
He wont read it if we let it go to the graveyard of page two lads

Carlo is a manager I have huge respect for. If Chelsea sack him, I hope they go down a spiral of decline, because they need to learn that changing managers won't bring them success. How about Abramovic opens his eyes and realises he needs to actually discuss things with the manager and create a rapport without being a ****, buying his own players and sacking people.

I for one find it really hard not to like Carlo. Spoke like a true gentlemen after yesterdays defeat. Hopefully Roman will stick by him, he deserves it after the first season he had and the way they ran United close till the end in the league.

I really do not want Carlo to leave. He is a great manager and imo just as good a manager as Mourinho was at the bridge. It will be ridiculous sacking him for going his second season at the bridge without a trophy considering in his first he won the Community Shield, Premier league and FA cup.

Probably will be sacked stupidly by Abramovic like when he sacked Scolari. Scolari's team started amazingly and had a bit of a bad run. Chelsea need to understand they cannot win everything.

Hopefully Tim Roth is already past the 'instant success' time.

seeing alot of non Chelsea supporters/likers in here who like Carlo. He is such a nice man and unlike his fellow top managers never blames a ref or conspiracys against his teams etc. Just a true gentlemen and always has such respect for everyone in the game which is how it should be.

Probably will be sacked stupidly by Abramovic like when he sacked Scolari. Scolari's team started amazingly and had a bit of a bad run. Chelsea need to understand they cannot win everything.

Indeed, and in an increasingly difficult league, winning things is even harder.

Back