• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti says he is not afraid to drop out-of-form Fernando Torres for Chelsea's Champions League quarter-final second leg at Manchester United on Tuesday.

More...

£50 million well spent there

Very disappointing performances from Torres so far since he joined Chelsea, he deserves it tbh

serious lack of patience in the modern game today, Torres will come good

He's been like that all season, only difference at Liverpool is that just before he left, he hit some good goal scoring form. But it brings a smile to my face thinking about how he's done, but still manages to make small digs at Liverpool.

Dropping him is not the problem, it's the ability to trust and be patient with him that is what makes him seem like a waste of money. He has only been at Chelsea for three and a half months, to which he has not had a full season to intergrate within his new club. It's difficult for someone, who was relied on to replace another top striker, to instantly make an impact.

It has been spoken before, but Torres just needs a full season to prepare, train and start to get confidence in before he pays back Chelsea the £50million they spent on him.

Dropping him is not the problem, it's the ability to trust and be patient with him that is what makes him seem like a waste of money. He has only been at Chelsea for three and a half months, to which he has not had a full season to intergrate within his new club. It's difficult for someone, who was relied on to replace another top striker, to instantly make an impact.

It has been spoken before, but Torres just needs a full season to prepare, train and start to get confidence in before he pays back Chelsea the £50million they spent on him.

exactly, yet people ignore this common sense while journalists show no patience and a good number liverpool of fans make sly digs

Last edited:
Well if he thinks Anelka and Drogba can do a better job, he may as well drop Torres. You'd expect Fernando to work harder in training if he's not an automatic first choice striker. Competition for places is always good.

Well if he thinks Anelka and Drogba can do a better job, he may as well drop Torres. You'd expect Fernando to work harder in training if he's not an automatic first choice striker. Competition for places is always good.

in fairness to Torres, he had a decent game against us, very good header stopped by an even better save.

Though if there is one forward who should be starting its Anelka

Torres has been mostly unlucky. (for example the super-streching save from Van der Sar in the Champions League clash) He will come good for Chelsea, tho as it has been said, he needs time.

I'd say who cares if he doesn't score for the rest of the season, Chelsea have other players they can rely on to get them to finish in champs league next season. Give him the summer off (he hasn't had one in years) and then give him pre season to gel with the team and get his confidence back for next season where he will start scoring and prove the doubters wrong. I was unhappy he left Liverpool but he's still a great player

Patience, Torres will find his form, i think it is Drogba what is the problem as the two cannot play together. If they played Anleka - Torres i reckon they could be a good partnership.

I'd say who cares if he doesn't score for the rest of the season, Chelsea have other players they can rely on to get them to finish in champs league next season. Give him the summer off (he hasn't had one in years) and then give him pre season to gel with the team and get his confidence back for next season where he will start scoring and prove the doubters wrong. I was unhappy he left Liverpool but he's still a great player

this is what he had needed more than anything, a chance to properly recover

Agree with what's been said about he needs time etc, but when you cost £50m, time isn't a luxury you have. Of course people expect to see instant results (whether rightly or wrongly).

Though, it is satisfying to see for the moment, but he'll definately come good.

Agree with what's been said about he needs time etc, but when you cost £50m, time isn't a luxury you have. Of course people expect to see instant results (whether rightly or wrongly).

Though, it is satisfying to see for the moment, but he'll definately come good.

see what you mean, but thats the fault of the modern game, rather than particularly his. As long as he keep trying to put his best in

All he needs is a goal, which give him a bit more confidence and then I'm positive we'll see the Torres who was at Liverpool, dropping him won't help at all, he'll lose more confidence and won't be given a chance to get the goals he needs.

If you play with two strikers, Torres & Drogba/Anelka.. Even if Torres doesn't score, you'll probably get a goal from one of the others.

see what you mean, but thats the fault of the modern game, rather than particularly his. As long as he keep trying to put his best in

i'm not saying it is his fault at all, just what happens when a ridicolous amount is spent.

although, whenever I've seen him, he hasn't looked any different from the Torres we saw at Liverpool for the majority of the season.

Just because he hasent scored goals dosent mean his performances have been poor. The difference is if he didnt score at Pool then they didnt win simple as that. But at Chelsea he contributes more because he knows he dosent have to score. His little cameo today was excellent and him and Benayoun linked up very well at times. If he has lost it then he would be playing **** but he is not.

i'm not saying it is his fault at all, just what happens when a ridicolous amount is spent.

although, whenever I've seen him, he hasn't looked any different from the Torres we saw at Liverpool for the majority of the season.

he needs the summer off, hes needed it for a long time.

Back