Ancelotti rubbishes quit rumours

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 993

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Carlo Ancelotti denies reports that he is considering quitting as Chelsea manager.

More...

Just quit Carlos! You lost too much precious points for Chelsea and now Man U is equal with you. If you don't quit, you will end up like this poor guy here:
View attachment 114670

EDIT: OMG, Alan Shearer took Carlos' job. Hope the same happens to the real world.

EDIT2: See where Carlos went. :P
View attachment 114789

Last edited:
this is just the calm before the storm, i certainly expect this story/saga will develop over the next few weeks

And I thought your source said Guardiola. :)

He did, i just said that to get a reaction lol, a light hearted joke if you will.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

this is just the calm before the storm, i certainly expect this story/saga will develop over the next few weeks

No major big named souces have said anything about this, it started through a nobody who has bee waiting for this kind of thing to happen.

He did, i just said that to get a reaction lol, a light hearted joke if you will.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

No major big named souces have said anything about this, it started through a nobody who has bee waiting for this kind of thing to happen.

agreed but stories like these are taken from somewhere, people just add bollocks on to them. i generally believe there is more to the story behind closed doors, there was an excelent piece about this story this morning on talksport suggest not everything is ok since the way the club handled Wilko's dismisal, only time we tell.

Legend :D hope he stays for many years like he has said he wants to in the past

agreed but stories like these are taken from somewhere, people just add bollocks on to them. i generally believe there is more to the story behind closed doors, there was an excelent piece about this story this morning on talksport suggest not everything is ok since the way the club handled Wilko's dismisal, only time we tell.

I agree that their is more we don't know behind the Wilkins sacking and as a fan i would love to know the truth. But Talksport is not reliable source, they like to make up storys and twist things so they get people to call in.

I think i made a good point about the Ancelotti not being 100% in charge as its nothing new to him as he worked under Galliani and Burlasconi for years.

I've watched this develop from a distance, and it has played out quite predictably so far. Clearly all is not well behind the scenes at chelsea, and whether Ancelotti tried to resign or not, these problems will persist until someone comes clean to the press about the Wilkins departure. It does appear from the outside that some of these sugar daddy owners can't help but to get involved with management side of their teams. The bookies aren't often off the mark, and to stop taking bets suggests that something may have been, or still might be on the cards. There is no smoke without fire

is he any good without ray wilkins though??

I think Wilkins had a excellent relationship with Carlo but he didn't have Wilkins at Milan did he and he done pretty well there. Even though Chelsea fans were angry about Wilkins being sacked it was more the way it was done and the timing than anything, Wilkins likes to play football sideways and Carlo likes to play the ball forward so maybe it was a little factor.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I've watched this develop from a distance, and it has played out quite predictably so far. Clearly all is not well behind the scenes at chelsea, and whether Ancelotti tried to resign or not, these problems will persist until someone comes clean to the press about the Wilkins departure. It does appear from the outside that some of these sugar daddy owners can't help but to get involved with management side of their teams. The bookies aren't often off the mark, and to stop taking bets suggests that something may have been, or still might be on the cards. There is no smoke without fire

Agreed about the oweners getting involved etc but bookes stopped taking bets on Torres joining Chelsea and Grant being sacked a few weeks ago also. They have to act if they hear the slightest thing because they could lose alot of money.

Yeah ur right wilkins and ancelotti worked well together but he isnt vital

Simply, I believed all of this because you can expect ANYTHING from Abramovic

Yeah ur right wilkins and ancelotti worked well together but he isnt vital

I think Wilkins ment more to the fans than anyone else, we have had first team coach Paul Clement taking training sessions for a while now so i don't think it will effect them that much. At the end of the day we have been playing poorly simple as that and its Carlo and the staffs job to change this. We have been missing key players and don't have the expirience to back them up anymore as we wanted to slash the wage budget and bring through some of the youth acadamy that had a excellent year last season.

I'm talking generally reguarding the bookies - it's usually a good indicator but not always. Has any chelsea official given a reason for the Wilkins dismissal? The rumours will continue until someone does, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players pull together and really perform for their manager over the next few weeks. It's not necessarily a good situation for Utd

I'm talking generally reguarding the bookies - it's usually a good indicator but not always. Has any chelsea official given a reason for the Wilkins dismissal? The rumours will continue until someone does, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players pull together and really perform for their manager over the next few weeks. It's not necessarily a good situation for Utd

The statement Chelsea put out when Wilkins went was an absolute joke mate, it was about 2 lines long and just said we would like to thank Ray and wish him all the best in the future. I think the fans want to know why it happend and maybe the players do aswell and more to the point if it was done without his say so Ancelotti should know why it happend. You make a good point about this could pull the squad together but its one of them things that it could go either way really couldn't it. The next month will shape up Chelsea's season without a dout, we have Everton at home who normally do well at the Bridge, Spurs away we have been poor in the last few years at the Lane, Man Utd at home im sure i dont need to say much about this and then Arsenal away again needs no explanation.

Back