• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 790

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti would not have a "problem" if the club sacked him at the end of the season.

More...

Roman needs to understand what Chelsea and his managers need and that is time.

Still think the best man for the job is Ancelotti, can't get many better managers than him.

The word on the street is, Roman has become fixated with Barcelona and the way they play football. He wants Chelsea to play the same way. Something they won’t achieve under Ancelotti.

If this is the case, a full squad turnaround will need to be undertaken; they simply don’t have the type of players to achieve this. Is Torres the first? If so, it’s a very risky and expensive player to build this new team around.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

The word on the street is, Roman has become fixated with Barcelona and the way they play football. He wants Chelsea to play the same way. Something they won’t achieve under Ancelotti.

If this is the case, a full squad turnaround will need to be undertaken; they simply don’t have the type of players to achieve this. Is Torres the first? If so, it’s a very risky and expensive player to build this new team around.

The word on my street is that Roman is a very impatient chairman. Nothing new there. The only thing which I would consider a 'guarantee', and I use the term loosely with said owner in charge, that a manager stays intact would be to win the Champions League.

He seems to covet nothing more, everything else is "been there, done that" with him. I do wonder though how long his interest will continue when they do eventually win the cup.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

hes lost the plot if that is the case, you are talking about dismantling half the side. and bringing at the very least 4 top class players, including 2 midfield maestros, and then cover for them

hes lost the plot if that is the case, you are talking about dismantling half the side. and bringing at the very least 4 top class players, including 2 midfield maestros, and then cover for them

Not to mention having that squad built from the ground up and letting them gel as a team during their teenage years. It's pretty impossible in any reasonable terms.

The word on my street is that Roman is a very impatient chairman. Nothing new there. The only thing which I would consider a 'guarantee', and I use the term loosely with said owner in charge, that a manager stays intact would be to win the Champions League.

He seems to covet nothing more, everything else is "been there, done that" with him. I do wonder though how long his interest will continue when they do eventually win the cup.

Hes the owner not the chairman lol ;)

I so hope Carlo stays but i know for a fact he wont. Can see either Hiddink or Rijkaard coming in to replace him.

Yeah sorry, I meant owner, just worded it wrongly.

What Chelsea need is stability, something they have not truly had since Mourinho was there.

sholdn't be sacked but no doubt will be. Who better can Roman bring in? Presumably a manager that has won the champs league before. But who could Chelsea realistically bring in who is a better manager than Ancelotti and has already won the champs league?

Didn't he win the Premiership for Chelski last season ?

That russian is like a big kid methinks - he wants everything now - now - now. Mind you, with his cash he can afford to come across as an ungratefull so & so.

Didn't he win the Premiership for Chelski last season ?

That russian is like a big kid methinks - he wants everything now - now - now. Mind you, with his cash he can afford to come across as an ungratefull so & so.

You'd think that with his business experience he'd understand that you need to be patient to be successful, though.

Back