• Thread starter Thread starter Croco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croco

Reaction score
I've got a bit of a dilemma on my hands, and I'm sure it's something that you guys that manage big-money, big spending clubs have had to deal with at least once. I'm running away with the Premier League as Chelsea and still in the running for the FA Cup and Champions League, though I got knocked out of the League Cup by Liverpool of all teams. (Friggin' scousers...ruined my shot at the English Quadruple >.< But that's okay.)

However, here's the situation I'm in. I spent a lot of money to bring in Mario Balotelli from Inter, and it was working out well enough for me until he suffered an injury that put him out for three months. I go to my bench and pull out another young striker in Daniel Sturridge; with the tactics that I run, I've set Anelka as an AMR set to Inside Forward to take advantage of his striking capabilities as well. Now keep in mind that Sturridge is not exactly my preferred type of striker as I like them to be tall and able to overpower defenders, while still remaining technically proficient. But he's been putting in goals left and right to the point where I'm beginning to question making the move for Balotelli; I have screens for you to look at to see why I feel the way I do.

So what now...do I hang onto Sturridge and risk making him unhappy by benching him? Do I bench Balotelli for the rest of the season...or anyone else for that matter? Or I was also thinking of selling another player to further facilitate this. . .from where I'm sitting, the odd man out might be either Anelka or Salomon Kalou. Some help would be greatly appreciated in this.

If Sturridge is winning you games you might aswell start him every game.

And sell Kalou.

i 3rd the motion to sell kalou. the way i play with man utd as i often have the same problem as you (berbatov/dzeko-rooney/villa/owen) whoever has the best rating over the past 5 games stays on and the other goes on the bench. i find it works good becasue players dont get comfortable and stop competing for a place if they have low determination!

hope this helps =)

sell kalou and then maybe you could rotate the 2 of them so they keep fit and injury free which will help you if you end up competing in the late stages of every competition you are left in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back