darren151991

Reaction score
It's ridiculous playing 20th place haven't score in 4 lost their last 4 away games but beat me 2-0. Do u have to defend against the relegated teams trying to control the game or attack them is just not logical isit. Might just ay with defensive mentality for the season but I'm sure I'd still get countered !!! Stupid

It's ridiculous playing 20th place haven't score in 4 lost their last 4 away games but beat me 2-0. Do u have to defend against the relegated teams trying to control the game or attack them is just not logical isit. Might just ay with defensive mentality for the season but I'm sure I'd still get countered !!! Stupid
Of course it's logical to be patient against them. They will be very defensive and you charging in will play right into their hands. Don't pick a lock with a hammer.

Overcommit in attack and you leave extensive space behind you. Counter-attacking is more effective in FM16, for both user and AI. It happens in reality all the time when "bigger clubs" lose to smaller clubs. It can be the smaller club simply outplaying their opposition - like Southampton winning against Arsenal on Boxing Day - but its more often the smaller club "stealing" a win by defending well and hitting on the counter.

I do play on counter most of the time but then I won't score and don't want to draw to every team because I can't attack teams without losing. Can complain with my seasons but that's not the point

I do play on counter most of the time but then I won't score and don't want to draw to every team because I can't attack teams without losing. Can complain with my seasons but that's not the point
The mentality isn't that important. The actual tactic - roles, duties and instructions - are.