ChrisR7

Reaction score
Hi all, before I start, I've checked the 'preferences-interface-rendering' and it's already set to software, so it's not that that's causing my problem. I've searched here and on other forums and using Google for this problem and can't find any solution, so please bear with me.

So, I don't connect to the internet often and had been using 14.3 for months with no issues whatsoever, but yesterday I connected to the web and Steam autoinstalled the latest update. My game is now all but unplayable. Starting the game takes longer than it used to, and when it does start, the game is really slow to respond to the mouse. If I hover it over the 'load last game', it doesn't register that it's there for a 10-15 seconds, and takes a similar amount of time to respond to the click. Loading the game then takes a long time too.

I have a quad core processor, 4 GB of RAM and previously the game ran like a dream. I'm running the top four English Leagues, German league and Spanish league and the game rating is 5 star, so it's not a hardware issue. Any feedback would be great, thanks for your time!

I'm kinda sorta glad that I'm not the only one running into this ****.
Freaking ****, the game suddenly got laggy. And it takes forever to load games, and saving games takes just as long, since when it's ALMOST DONE, it just hangs there.
It's ridiculous. I love the game, but the wait time is becoming absurd.