• Thread starter Thread starter dazamfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

dazamfc

Reaction score
Another Scot In England

7/7/11

"After all those years of dreaming of being a manager, the day was finally here where it was official! I had finally got my UEFA Pro License after years of hard work and loads of money spent! Now the hardest part was next, getting a job!
I didn't want to be a coach or assistant manager, I wanted to be the No.1, the boss, the manager, the one in charge! Now it was my time to take football by storm! My dream? To be successful."

5/11/11

I sat at home as I had been for months now doing nothing. Well nothing worthwhile. I did the same thing day after day and I was getting bored of it. Sitting on the couch with my feet up playing Football Manager and watching Sky Sports News. I only watched SSN for so long but because they always repeated the stories and it got boring. If I didn't watch SSN, I was watching The Premiership Years.
All of a sudden, breaking news flashed along the bottom of the screen, there had been a managerial casualty in England. Karl Robinson had been sacked from MK Dons! Now there was an opportunity......

Please Comment!

good backstory mate, MK Dons is a good shout to start your career at, am i guessing you started unemployed in the game?

11/11/11

View attachment 261508

MK Dons Unveil Sneddon As Manager

MK Dons have today appointed Darren Sneddon as the clubs new manager. Sneddon, who takes over from the recently sacked Karl Robinson, has no previous football experience and this has been met with some confusion from most fans and pundits alike. The Scot, who only got his UEFA Pro License a few months ago, has no previous football experience but is over the moon that the MK Dons board has placed their trust in him.

I am delighted to be sitting here today as manager of MK Dons. This is a fantastic club who are playing in a great league and who have a great team and fans. I am from a town called Motherwell which is just outside Glasgow. The town has a local team who are also a SPL club who have participated in Europen competitions and played some big European clubs but in terms of stadium, finance and standard of play, MK Dons is by far a bigger club and that's why I would not take a job in Scotland unless it was the national team. I have been giving the chance here and I'm going to do my very best over the coming season and see where it takes both me and the club.

View attachment 261509

Now I am going to do updates with a few months included in each update. Keep commenting!!!

November 2011

Darren Sneddon's first month as manager of MK Dons has been a fairly good start considering how the team had been performing under the previous manager. In the league, MK Dons had only won 5 in 17 matches with 2 wins in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and a defeat in the Capital One Cup 1st round.

12/11/11
FA Cup 1st Round

MK Dons 1-0 Northampton
Daniel Powell

19/11/11
Npower League 1

MK Dons 3-1 Stevenage
Dean Bowditch, Daniel Powell(2)

26/11/11
Npower League 1
Oldham 3-0 MK Dons

30/11/11
Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Semi Final
MK Dons 4-0 Leyton Orient
Jabo Ibehre(2), Stacy Logan(2)

December 2011

View attachment 261789

3/12/11
FA Cup 2nd Round
MK Dons 2-0 Tranmere
Jabo Ibehre, Luke Chadwick

10/12/11
Npower League 1

MK Dons 4-0 Crawley
Jabo Ibehre, Gary MacKenzie, Dean Bowditch, Mathias Doumbe

17/12/11
Npower League 1

Sheff Utd 2-1 MK Dons
Gary MacKenzie

26/12/11
Npower League 1

MK Dons 3-2 Bournemouth
Daniel Powell, Dean Bowditch, OG

31/12/11
Npower League 1

Crewe 2-1 MK Dons
Daniel Powell

Managers Comments
I am happy that I have came in and the team has started pick up wins more than draws and losses. We are doing fantastic at home which is really making up for the points we are dropping on the road. We are sitting just under midtable now and we want to press on. I believe that we can push for a playoff place and even go up the the Npower Championship. We have the players here to do it and ha is my focus for the next 5 months. Anything which happens in any other competition is a bonus in my eyes!

Back