Antonio Conte 3-4-3 Chelsea Tactic Advice?

ReecesPieces

Reaction score
I'm really loving the way Chelsea are playing the 3-4-3 under Conte, I would love to emulate that in FM17.

Anyone plan to create such a tactic or got advice on where to start if I was to make one?

tried for for like 4 games on fm16 last week, tried on this game earlier with man utd for 2 games in pre season got battered in possession but won 2-0 and 2-1

was with
sk,
cwb cd, bpd, cd cwb
winger, deep lying playmaker, centre mid, winger
cf

was trying between attacking and control along with fluid

tempo higher
close down more
dense line normal
shorter pass
play out of defence

If anyone has an tips for this kind of play id love to know

I have tried with the following setup and this is the closer I got to emulate Conte's 3-4-3:

------------------GK(D)----------------

-------CD(D)---BPD(D)---CD(D)-----

WB(S)---------------------
----WB(AT)

-----------BBM(S)---
-DLP(D)---------

IF(AT)----------------------------AP(S)

----------------DF
(AT)----------------

Individual Instructions:

Both WB's -> Play Wider, Cross from Byline
IF(AT) -> Sit Narrower

Team Instructions:

Work Ball into Box
Look for Overlap
High Tempo
Wide
Tight Marking
Retain Possession

Mentality -> Standard
Shape -> Flexible

I tried 6 games till now with this tactic... Costa and Willian (IF-ATT) are the main goal scorers followed by BBM(S)- Kante and Hazard(AP-S). Hazard with AP(S) duties started to drift to the centre as in real life. But the defence is very shaky and needs improvement.

Last edited:
I have tried with the following setup and this is the closer I got to emulate Conte's 3-4-3:

----WB(AT)

-----------BBM(S)---
-DLP(D)---------

----------------DF
(AT)----------------

Individual Instructions:

IF(AT) -> Sit Narrower

Team Instructions:

Work Ball into Box
Look for Overlap
High Tempo
Wide
Tight Marking
Retain Possession

Mentality -> Standard
Shape -> Flexible

I tried 6 games till now with this tactic... Costa and Willian (IF-ATT) are the main goal scorers followed by BBM(S)- Kante and Hazard(AP-S). Hazard with AP(S) duties started to drift to the centre as in real life. But the defence is very shaky and needs improvement.

i found this also think the wing backs need to be told to defend same as the wingers

----WB(AT)

-----------BBM(S)---
-DLP(D)---------

----------------DF
(AT)----------------

Individual Instructions:

IF(AT) -> Sit Narrower

Team Instructions:

Work Ball into Box
Look for Overlap
High Tempo
Wide
Tight Marking
Retain Possession

Mentality -> Standard
Shape -> Flexible

Nice work, be sure to keep us posted! Really hope they give Moses a good boost come update! In meantime I'm going to experiment with this.

Can you share this tactic here please? i really want to try playing the conte way :)

i went with the two wingers to 3 upfront and changed them to T transquere, not sure how to spell it but i seem to score a little more with depay and martial either side of zlatan as my cf

tried the formation with fulham but had some issues
GK
3 Limited defenders
2 Defensive wingers support
Box to Box
Ball winning Midfielder
DLF support Left
Poacher Center
False Nine Right
if you dont have good finishers wont work
and your defenders have to be top notch
the formation is only as good as your defenders
if youre gonna close down your defense has to be deep.

Some success...

I too had a go with this, and came up with the following. It starts well with every save I've used it (numerous Chelsea and Milan saves) but ultimately crumbles in February/March. I was 20 points ahead with Chelsea going into the new year, and was sacked for finishing 4th eventually.

It's lethal against bigger teams and smaller ones, the die out I referred to is always against mid level clubs, and leads to too many draws.

Also, the occasional time you do lose, you lose BIG (4 goals plus). It also doesn't work against Juventus, unless you adapt to ultra attacking and press really high.

Grateful of inputs into why any of the above happens.

Hey, has there been any update here? Trying to ditch the three strikers and get my wide players performing. I cannot get consistent play through the AML/R players.