Any ideas??

Reaction score
In my second season with Southend. Won League 2 in first season and easily beat L1 teams in League Cup, FA Cup and JPT. Kept same squad with a couple of additions and using same tactics with a slight alteration on tackling and closing down as my yellow and red card count in previous season was a joke. Now im 18 games into L1 and won 3 drawn 2 lost 13, 11 for 37 against. Dont know whats gone wrong??

It's just FM 2013 being more difficult, I defy anyone who makes a post they have gotten from L2 to CL in 5 years on this version of FM. It's extremely difficult to move up and stay in a league. In terms of your cup runs, smaller teams always give everything in cup games. plus bigger teams rest key players.

Its simple really.

You kept the same squad in a higher league. Beating teams in a one off cup comp is not indicative of league form.

I didnt want to go out and sign a whole new team. I wasnt able to for one due to finicial trouble and if i had done that it would have unbalanced the squad and would have made things worse, done that before which lead to me being sacked rather rapidly lol

It's unlikely you could get a whole new team, as you said, funds are tight at this level. But get some players with experience of the level you are playing it in on free transfers, and the loan market is key, kids from prem clubs can really boost your chances.

Well just make sure you avoid relegation from L1 this season and build from that and try and improve the next season

I signed 3 key experienced player for CB, CM and RM and there playing well. Also cover positions for weaker spots. Have a striker on loan from Fulham (Dalla Valle) and he cant hit a barn door at moment!

If you need a good loan striker, try Lukaku from chelsea, not so great technically, but physically he is a beast

how do u even think that he'll play for southend in league 1??? :O

Exactly what i was thinking lol. After a bit of tatical alterations seem to picking up points but still not doing too well...Dalla Valle has finally started scoring :-D

how do u even think that he'll play for southend in league 1??? :O

He went to a League one team on mine in the first season, I thought maybe he would in the second season to, seeing as he doesn't really get that good for 4-5 seasons.

He went to a League one team on mine in the first season, I thought maybe he would in the second season to, seeing as he doesn't really get that good for 4-5 seasons.

I am pretty sure he is at WBA on loan in the first season. He is also pretty awesome from the start aswell

must be someone else. check his name carefully. he is on season-long loan at west brom in the first season.

You could always manage colchester instead of those scumbags!! :P

Back