any MLS experts? Im stuck, literally

• Thread starter Thread starter yido101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

yido101

Reaction score
OK, so I've just started on fm12, last game I played was fm10 so I'm a bit behind some of the new features, but generally have a good idea what im doing (at least in terms of finding my way around, not managing obviously ;) ).

Anyway I'm having a crack at MLS with LA Galaxy. I know there are random rules that are different to most countries, such as designated players, salary caps, drafts, etc, but the wage cap is causing a problem with my game and I cant move on any further.

I started in July on the game, so its halfway through the MLS season, played a couple of games myself, so far so good.

I then made my first signing. In the MLS when you sign a player you have to confirm your squad, as there are some restrictions on different types of players (x amount of internationals, etc), salary caps, etc. Anyway. My Salary cap is about 38k p/w. I am over it on about 42k. So i figure I have to lose some high earners from the selected squad. I do so, but the wage bill listed doesnt drop at all. So I tried emptying the squad totally so I can pick it from scratch. But even with 0 players selected the wage bill for the squad still reads 42k. I assume this is because I am still paying them even though they aren't placed in the squad.

But how do I submit a squad if this amount is over the salary cap and I don't seem to be able to do anything to cut it. I am unable to progress the game to the next day or whatever until I respond to this squad submission so even if I release a player (or waive as it is in MLS) this wont have an effect on the total salary until I have clicked continue. So basically to continue I need to submit a squad, and to do that I think I need to release a player (get him off the wage bill), but to complete the 'release' I need to be able to click continue!

So there doesnt seem to be anything I can do. Is this a bug? or is there something I'm missing here?

Holiday and let your ***. man handle it. The salary cap is flexible until march 3 (sometime around then) when the Waiver Draft takes place. after that whoever is on your books you are responsible for. Just make sure you do not overpay players and try to stockpile draft picks so you can hopefully land as many GA players as possible

thanks, I appreciate the reply and maybe that is what I'll have to do. But surely that isnt the actual way around it? I should be able to do something here no? I would like to pick my own squad rather than just be left with whatever my assistant picks for me.

I am in July so I guess the issue is that I am past that March date you mentioned. But I literally cant progress the game and if I cant take players off the squad/wagebill then how am I meant to progress?

Going on holiday may be a solution, but surely that isnt the answer.

Back