Any reason to schedule away friendlies?

• Thread starter Thread starter Akuthia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

Akuthia

Reaction score
Topic says it all, basically. Does scheduling friendlies away from home give any sort of invisible benefit? I know i get some revenue from "ticket sales", but what about going away from home?

Topic says it all, basically. Does scheduling friendlies away from home give any sort of invisible benefit? I know i get some revenue from "ticket sales", but what about going away from home?

Big teams going to Asia or USA would bring shirt sales? Well I know FM14 are bringing that in.

What craiigman says, also some times going away gives you more money, as the fee paid is higher than the expected income - fee for the home game

You can test your tactics for away games as well, as your team will usually play a different way and in some cases more defensive.

so basically, until i'm the big bad german wolf, i should keep all of my friendlies as home games?

I often find that when arranging friendlies against an away side that is significantly smaller than you, you get more revenue from playing at their place than at home - which makes sense.

Also bare in mind that you will have to pay for higher ground maintenance and other match-day expenses when you play at home, which you don't when you are away. All depends on the fee you are going to get and how far away the team is

Back