elchupanibre

Reaction score
Fellow FM addicts

I am on my second season with Liverpool, and the team gets quite a few players back from loan. My squad is too big and I'm finding it impossible to sell players. These aren't sub-par players: I'm trying to get rid of Balotelli, Allen, Lovren, maybe Benteke etc. It's also quite hard selling players on loan. I have put a Director of Football on it, who has high Determination and Motivating stats, but still nothing. It seems that you have to offer players for nothing in order for them to leave. It's frustrating.

Any tips on how to shift players for decent money?

Offer the players for nothing, then when the bids come in, reject them all, remove them from the transfer list, put their squad status back to a minimum of squad rotation, offer them to clubs again but this time at around their value (a bit more than their value normally works) and wait for the bids to flow in.

Offer the players for nothing, then when the bids come in, reject them all, remove them from the transfer list, put their squad status back to a minimum of squad rotation, offer them to clubs again but this time at around their value (a bit more than their value normally works) and wait for the bids to flow in.

Will this stop teams offering £20m less than an in-form player's value who isn't even transfer-listed? Transfer-listing players is supposed to increase the player's availability and number of bids yet the best bid I've ever received is half the player's value, but then again 50% seems to be the standard asking price. I just don't understand why a team like PSG would offer £27.5m for a £44m-rated in-form Mata. Not even close to his value, let alone my asking price.

Will this stop teams offering £20m less than an in-form player's value who isn't even transfer-listed? Transfer-listing players is supposed to increase the player's availability and number of bids yet the best bid I've ever received is half the player's value, but then again 50% seems to be the standard asking price. I just don't understand why a team like PSG would offer £27.5m for a £44m-rated in-form Mata. Not even close to his value, let alone my asking price.

If the player is transfer listed, the club knows you want to sell, so they will offer you less for the privilege.

If they are offering a low price for a player you don't want to sell, it's probably because that's just their opening offer. I'm sure if you reject it and tell them the offer wasn't good enough they'll up the bid, they're just being smart and trying to get the player for as cheap as possible.

So you set an asking price for him? How much?

You can heavily negotiate most offers though. Is this the first season?

Pretty much what I was going to say, alphaguru.

If the offer was negotiable, then it was just an opening offer. If you don't have any interest in selling, you can counter with an astronomical figure and hope that drives them away.

If was non-negotiable, and especially if they declared interest first, they are likely trying to unsettle your player. A tactic clubs actually use in real life and you can use as a manager quite effectively. They use the media to make the player aware of their interest, follow it up with a bid that is going to be rejected out of hand, and then hope your player gets upset and wants to leave. That takes away much of negotiating leverage and typically results in you having to sell cheaper.

Having a lot of trouble selling as well.

Wondering when do clubs in Italy, France, Spain, England get their transfer budgets confirmed. Is there any chance the club will be willing to bid higher if u offer players after those dates?

Having a lot of trouble selling as well.

Wondering when do clubs in Italy, France, Spain, England get their transfer budgets confirmed. Is there any chance the club will be willing to bid higher if u offer players after those dates?
If they have more in their budget (and especially if the transfer windows are open) then of course they'll be much more likely to bid. It also depends on their wage budget room.

I still use this - works pretty well for me:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...6431-how-sell-my-player-thread-raikan007.html

Doesnt work always but it works:

eg - in my current Sevilla save in 2nd season I sold BANEGA (valued at 17.5m) for 31m. Juan Cazares (valued at 20m) tried to sell him going down to offering 30m (from 200%) but no reaction. Not prepared to go below that. Will use him for 3 months and try again in January starting from 200% of his value then.

I generally sell players for more than I see others do (and with little or no add ons)