Any way to avoid automatic facility upgrades?

Sportsviking

Reaction score
Finished a season as Aalesunds FK in Norway in which I managed to win the league, the Norwegian Cup and qualify for the Champions League group stage, just missing out on qualifying for the knockout rounds. As a result of all that success and money from it, the board announced at the end of the season a planned stadium expansion and facilites upgrade.

Unfortunately, I already have a youth facilites and senior facilites upgrade in progress as well as a stadium expansion in progress. However, when the board makes the announcement for their upgrade plans, both my senior facilites and stadium expansion are restarted (both were around halfway completed). Even worse, the board announces that the planned youth facilites upgrade (which was over halfway completed) has now been canceled due to "lack of funds." This is extremely frustrating because there was no need for the board to interveene and by doing so they have set me back.

How do I avoid this? I am playing on a mac with the latest patch so I can't just use FMRTE to fix it. Any suggestions?

Back