Any way to improve youth intake?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there was any way to improve youth in take. I know you can improve facilities, and recruitment network, but do these actually work?

Of course it works.. The best thing to do is poach all the best 17 year olds from everyone else. :P

Of course it works.. The best thing to do is poach all the best 17 year olds from everyone else. :P

Haha that is what i usually do. Poach all the players on youth contracts with high recommendations but that costs a whole lot of money especially when it's like 15 players a season, every season, all with fees for poaching. It adds up to like 20mil per season.

Haha that is what i usually do. Poach all the players on youth contracts with high recommendations but that costs a whole lot of money especially when it's like 15 players a season, every season, all with fees for poaching. It adds up to like 20mil per season.

I did the same, then I forgot some people had bad personalities so didn't make it past 17. Then I didn't have space to give everyone match time so I practically killed a handful of careers.

I did the same, then I forgot some people had bad personalities so didn't make it past 17. Then I didn't have space to give everyone match time so I practically killed a handful of careers.

Better to find one or two stars, and kill many careers than find zero stars in my opinion.

How do the big clubs do it?

They usually poach 15-17 year olds from smaller clubs.

Not too many clubs produce high potential kids who have been in their system since childhood...

For lower league teams I have found it rather effective to sign youngsters whose contracts expire. These are often 17 or 18 years old and don't ask for that big of a salary since they are without a club.

Of course with bigger clubs it is easier to poach youngsters from other clubs but I haven't really experienced that since I tend to play with minor clubs only. In the long run the best way of course is to gradually improve your youth facilities and appoint exceptional youth coaches.

If you update trainning facillities/ youth facilities, will you get better regens?

If you update trainning facillities/ youth facilities, will you get better regens?
You need to upgrade youth recruitment. This will give you a better chance of getting better players. I have Extensive recruitment and I just got one 3 star player come through this season. Quite a poor intake. The facilities that you mentioned only ensure they don't lose potential and actually meet their potential.

Back