Anyone enjoys the game since tactic creator table has been removed from the game?

Uygar89

Reaction score
Some of you may know me. I have created two legendary tactics called el_magico for FM11 and FM12. I really enjoyed the game back then. Not only because I had success and created a tactic which was unbeatable without exploiting the ME with 3 strikers, but mainly, because I was given freedom to replicate my understanding of football and my understanding of positions in FM. The tc table allowed me to be creative and to mix up different things. Just one example: I was inspired by Mesut Özil and his role in the German NT during WC10. So I thought, how to replicate his role in FM10? He was playing very high up the pitch, was roaming around and given full freedom and was as close as possible to the striker. He rarely dropped deep to collect the ball and he rarely made immediat forward runs when the team won back possession. With the tc table, I set up his mentality to maximum (20), thicked "roam", "move into channels", and did not allow him making forward runs. This way I ensured he has a very attacking mentality and stays as close to oppositions third as possible without getting lost behind forwards and getting on ball in dangerous areas. But in the newer versions, you can not do that anymore. I can set him up as a trequartista, but this means, he will act as a playmaker, will come deep and always be there where the possession is instead of making movements. Also he will not do anything defensively and his mentality will depend on team mentality. This is something that disturbs me a lot. SI is trying to force us to take their understanding of football and positions. They do not allow us anymore to express ourselves and implement our understanding of football. I mean, you can have different mentalities on the pitch. If you want your IFs very high up the pitch but do not want them always get lost behind defenders and want them to contribute to the build up, but first in opposition third, then set him up as an IF with very high mentality, but forward runs on standard/sometimes. In the new version, you can set him up as an IF on support duty, which means he will almost be positioned in the same location as the wing backs does and will rarely be running behind strikers. If you put him on attacking duty, he will constantly make forward runs and won't contribute to the build up play... Does anyone else think like me?

I agree that the old, classic tactics should not have been scrapped. Classic tactics should have been kept in parallel with the new system, as was the case in FM 13. I agree that the old system gave us much more "control" over what we could do tactically. I myself struggle to create tactics in which players do what I want.