Foggy87

Reaction score
currently started a new game as Newcastle in order to try get them promoted....
but seem to be conceding penalties for fun..... lost count as to how many.....
any clue as to how i do this.... i have tried changing formations and tactics still nothing..... its really annoying me now..... only half way thru season and seems like every 2nd/3rd game i concede.......
can anyone help????

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

just worked out its 7 in 20 games.... wud say thats quite a lot myself.....

You could try telling your defenders to only do soft tackles. Also you could instruct them not to dive into tackles. I hope that helps.

My tackling is set to default....
dont get wot u mean by presing.....
I have tried 4-4-2.... 4-5-1 (with anchorman)
I am newcastle
GK Harper... DR RTaylor... DL... JEnrique DCs STaylor FColoccini
ML Lovenkrands MR Jonas MCs Chantome & Buonanotte
STs Carroll & PHenrique
its the 1st season so in championship...... never had so many penalties in such a short space of time....

bit of a mixture....
R. Taylor has.... M.Williamson has the most... D.Simpson has once as has S.Taylor....
mainly the backline....

No as said before tackling set to default.... thats wot i dont get....

Go to your tactics screen, there should be a little button with ADVANCED written on it. Click on it. A whole bunch of sliders will come up like starting strategy, mentality etc etc. If you still can't find it Use the touchline shout stay on feet. Also issue warnings for repat offenders

Go to your tactics screen, there should be a little button with ADVANCED written on it. Click on it. A whole bunch of sliders will come up like starting strategy, mentality etc etc. If you still can't find it Use the touchline shout stay on feet. Also issue warnings for repat offenders

still nothing says presing.....
kk cheers will give it a try....

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

8 in 22 games now....

still nothing says presing.....
kk cheers will give it a try....

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

8 in 22 games now....

By pressing I think he was referring to 'closing down'.

ahh.... in that case closing down is set to....

press more....

which i have used in 4-4-2 tactic before and never had problem before....

Correct. If you slide it to the right it will say "press more" and to the left it will say "stand off more"

Also certain roles are guaranteed to cause more fouls , anchorman and ball winning midfielder are two.

Last edited:
Correct. If you slide it to the right it will say "press more" and to the left it will say "stand off more"

to be fair its not a slider.... its just a button.... think if its in classic view its as a slider...

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

10 in 24 now....

2 in one game.... in the space of 2mins...
R Taylor then K Nolan....

Aggression is 15 and below except in STaylor who has 17....
RTaylor has 10.... so dunno if its that....