Anyone managed to buy Messi?

• Thread starter Thread starter nikidoug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7K

nikidoug

Reaction score
The man's a god. Been trying to get him for 3 seasons! Please tell me there's a tiny possible chance to get him!?

In FM 11, was a possibility to buy Messi at the start of 1st season, if u r in Chelsea(have to sell some players and pay in installments about 250 mln). Now, i don't know.

yeah i managed to sign him in 2011, in the 2016/2017 season for 34 million. He was unhappy and wanted to leave the club so I pounced straight away. So much harder in FM12.

Maybe try and get him when he'll all old and frail- maybe 2020?

In FM 11, you got him and Ronaldo (at diff pts of time obviously) within the first three seasons from Barca and Madrid with City. Not too sure in 12 though.

There was a strange transfer bug in the last years game which allowed big players to move for very little, including Messi, but I never witnessed this myself.

I read here on the forums that some guy got him on a free transfer...

atm he's got 13 months left on his contract and he's rejected a new contract 3 times.... hoping he keeps rejecting a new contract till January so I can get him on a free transfer!

I offered $100 mil for him once, for teh lulz but they wanted $226 mil. like wtf.

Bayern Munich managed to get him for 30million in my save in FM11 , 4th season.

im in 2022 and messi's value has gone well down! can have bids of 10-20 million accepted for him but he never wants to move!

and man united released rooney!! how dare they!

he re-joined everton on a free transfer which i thought was pretty cool haha!

Never, I magaged to get as far as offering a contract . got really excited - until he goes "I'm not currently interested.....blah blah blah". I suppose it's realistic, can't see Messi ever playing for another club, maybe an Argentine club just before he retires, but I doubt he would play for another European club.

and man united released rooney!! how dare they!

he re-joined everton on a free transfer which i thought was pretty cool haha!
Stranger than that, my FM11 save file he became player/manager of Yeovil before taking over them as FT manager. Strange indeed. Turns out he was an awful manager!

In my current game he wants to go into coaching in view of going management, can't imagine him being a manager. Couldn't imagine Cantona going into acting either so u never know.

After Barca not winning champions league a couple of years I got him for free in June 2017. £145000/w in wages wasn't that bad either...

Got him for free under Bosman Ruling for Arsenal in the year 2016 or 2017. His wages were ridiculous though £235,000 PW

With Man Utd, in my second season I was taken over by a tycoon (yes, I nearly bankrupted Man Utd in my first year) and kept as manager I was given a £313M transfer budget.

Since Messi had a minimum fee release clause of roughly £217M I decided to try to sign him. However, my board wouldn't allow me to pay him the requisite loyalty bonus. The yearly wages, agent fees, and incentives were pretty darn exorbitant, too, so I simply decided he wasn't worth it. After all, I could sign four or five players with 175-180 PA's for the same transfer/wage/other fees so that's what I did. But since I was so rich, I quickly lost interest in the fact I had simply bought success so the game got boring and I'm on a different save now.

Back