Anyone seem to have success away from home with a certain tactic?

• Thread starter Thread starter LFCTaggart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

LFCTaggart

Reaction score
In the middle of my fourth season with Liverpool, finally won the league last year. However, this year I just cannot win away from home! I play a 4-2-3-1 with wing backs which is extremely attacking but away I usually opt for a basic 4-4-2, however I always seem to lose/draw. Any had any success with any tactics?

What makes it even worse, some of my players are starting to complain that we're underachieving in the league now because of our away form.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I like 4-5-1 away from home but it all depends on the opposition really. If you are against a weaker team just play slightly less attacking. If you are against one of the big guns i like to play counter away from home.

Also make sure you are being less harsh with team talks away from home aswell.

I run a 433 away and tend to win alot.

2 BBM's and a DLP with Fullbacks.

I can't seem to win away from home to save my life winning most games at home by three goals or more but away to anyone i either draw or lose. Tried a few tactics so far and had nothing. Since the patch I've lost to Derby Blackburn and Stoke away from home drew with Villa and Swansea. Won all my home games with ease. It's starting to annoy me i played Blackburn in the FA Cup just after they beat me 3-1 away from home and i beat them 5-0 at home and they only had two shots. Same tactics same players the difference in playing home and away seems HUGE since the patch.

I can't seem to win away from home to save my life winning most games at home by three goals or more but away to anyone i either draw or lose. Tried a few tactics so far and had nothing. Since the patch I've lost to Derby Blackburn and Stoke away from home drew with Villa and Swansea. Won all my home games with ease. It's starting to annoy me i played Blackburn in the FA Cup just after they beat me 3-1 away from home and i beat them 5-0 at home and they only had two shots. Same tactics same players the difference in playing home and away seems HUGE since the patch.

The Difference is Huge is real life aswell. You cant expect to use the same tactic home and away and get the same results away from home as you do at home. Not the games fault you are losing away really.

Firstly i have three tactics secondly i was doing just fine before the patch. Now yeah it's different and anyone can beat anyone but currently I'm at 5 away games without a win with massive performance issues away from home. Try saying something helpful towards the topic at hand instead of making a guess at what my team set up is.

It looks like you're saying it's normal the big clubs to lose a significant amount of away games when that's clearly not the case.

Firstly i have three tactics secondly i was doing just fine before the patch. Now yeah it's different and anyone can beat anyone but currently I'm at 5 away games without a win with massive performance issues away from home. Try saying something helpful towards the topic at hand instead of making a guess at what my team set up is.

It looks like you're saying it's normal the big clubs to lose a significant amount of away games when that's clearly not the case.

I didn't guess at anything you said in your post you used the same tactic and players. Just trying to help you out while defending the game is all. take a chill pill mate.

I'm chilled i said tactics not tactic the tactics I've been using for three seasons :) My problem has only been since the patch. Every game feels like I'm playing United or Chelsea at the moment. I swear Stoke scored the greatest goal in the history of football against it made the Carlos Alberto goal in the 1970 world cup look like a Sunday league punt.

I'm trying Raikons Deep DM formation away at the moment see if that sorts it out. gone from 4 points clear top pre patch to 11 points from top ... :/ it stings

lmao What is it with Stoke and wonder goals against City:P

Its pretty weird my game since the patch has gotten better. So i am not really sure whats going on. Whats your teams morale like and any Injury's or anything else changed within your team since the patch?

I the feel of the game is much much better. My defenders have made more then normal errors but footballing errors not the ME being ***** scored some great own goals as well.

Nah morale is good had a good team meeting as well. Just beat Swansea 4-0 and United 3-1 at home in the CL might have just had a bad run right after the patch.

Back