Apertura and Clausura Leagues (Opening and Closing Stage Leagues)

chaodck

Reaction score
I know that when working with the editor, to create new nation rules, you cannot create a league structure that supports 2 championships per year, with one accumulated table to determine continental qualification and relegation, with an Opening stage and a Closing stage, that delivers 2 champions per year (like in Argentina, Mexico, Paraguay and Chile among others). The only split you can create is the one that reminisces the SPL structure, and that is not what we (I know there are a lot of people looking for something like this) are looking for.

Some time ago I posted a request like this one over at The Dugout, and a guy named Nota Bene, told me that he was working on a workaround, involving outside .xml editing, to get this up and running. Unfortunately Nota Bene went M.I.A., not showing up on the forums, nor responding PM's, since a couple of months, and his work was left hanging on the balance. He never got to release any test files, neither he told his work procedure. All we know is that he had an idea on how to get this to work, and that he was fairly close from success.

So:
What I'm asking here, is that anyone who has some .xml knowledge, or some FM 2010 database knowledge can take a look at the files generated by the game, and try to figure this out. This is the only thing the "powerful" competition editor is lacking, but I know deep whithin myself that this is capable (SI is able to do it, so we should also be.)

Thanks in advance,
APB.

It would be good to re-open this thread... So if anyone knows how to do these things it would be good to post it...

I can probably have ago and figure it out. It'll take me sometime to understand and sort but I may be able to do it :)