Montanaro

Reaction score
Been a minute since I have asked a question on here!

Listening to a recent football podcast the host mentioned appearance fees sometimes accounting for a large portion of player salaries.

Does anyone do this in FM? Say you offer the player lowered wages but considerably higher appearance fee given that the fee over the course of the year would be valued at the amount you were going to pay in wage anyway. Say 6 million wage and 3 million estimated in appearances.

This would protect your club should the player hit poor form, be injured, or is prone to suspensions. Over a season, theoretically, the player most likely will not earn 50+ appearances thusly saving your club money. In case of long term injury you could be discounted 25% of his total compensation.

Is this an easily negotiable tactic or will most agents be resistant?

It would be nice to do, but whenever I reduce the salary, and up the appearance fee, the agent throws the toys. I would also guess that the squad status would become more of an issue - generally I don't have much problem talking players down from wanting Key Player to First Team, but if the salary was reduced and appearance fees become more 'valuable' then I suspect they would be more insistent on Key Player status for more games.

Makes sense, I tested last night and offered a player rotation status with about 1 million in Appearance fees but the agent had none of it. Will have to try again with higher status