Application Error

• Thread starter Thread starter bseablue
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8K

bseablue

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wandered if anyone else is getting the same error as me. During gameplay, it crashes and I get the message:

'Application Error'
A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in.....' and then the usual crash dump message.

I have tried deleting the settings file and also verifying integrity of cache files and I have also completed a full uninstall and then reinstalling again. I used to get XML parsing errors with FM12 but would do the above and it would be fine again, but every time I play FM13 it is crashing and it is often at different stages.

My Asus laptop has AMD A4 1.9ghz processor with 6 gig of ram so by no means the worst laptop I have ever played teh game on! I tested the Ram with Memtest this morning and there is no errors with it. I have also cleaned the fans so I dont think it is dust either and I dont use BitDefender.

Anyone got any ideas of what I can try? I have googled the problem but not many people seem to have had the problem consistently. I clocked up 612 hours of FM11 and 619 hours of FM 12 so I am desperate to play this game but to no avail so far!

Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

I just started my first game FM13, it's currently 27th of June and I can't continue 'cause I always get this same error when I click continue. No clue what to do, gonna try starting a new game I guess.

the exact same thing is happening to me if anyone knows how to fix it, please help us

I figured out a work-around:

Try to figure out which day it was when the game crashes, save before this day just in case. after this, go on holiday for 3 days or something like that and it should work, just worked for me.

For me it was the 24th of june, on the 23rd I saved and went on holiday for 3 days and now I came back on the 26th and everything works!

Bump, I keep getting this problem which occurs about once every 5 games, its straight after I submit my team, has anyone got a solution?

i have this f**ng problem... i am 20 of June 2018 and ......F***ng crash... again and again and again!

Back