Approaches for super-underdog teams with no money and bad reputation -Discussion

Tzokaras

Reaction score
Hi guys this my first ever thread and it's a discussion thread!!!

The purpose of the thread is the exchanging of opinions about tactics that have or haven't been uploaded, when managing a super-underdog team, with players that suck in every category! I have tried some good underdog tactics but the creators of these tactics always talk about trying to use the tactic to suit the players or talk about attributes such as determination, work rate, etc... What happens when your players suck in all attributes and there are no money at all!!! Is out there any tactic for such teams, or these teams are doomed:'(?

Last edited by a moderator:
you then just play each player in their recommended roles/duties your coaches suggest in their reports and play a deep counter attacking/wide/quick tempo/rigid approach

Hi guys this my first ever thread and it's a discussion thread!!! The purpose of the thread is the exchanging of opinions about tactics that have or haven't been uploaded, when managing a super-underdog team, with players that suck in every category! I have tried some good underdog tactics but the creators of these tactics always talk about trying to use the tactic to suit the players or talk about attributes such as determination, work rate, etc... What happens when your players suck in all attributes and there are no money at all!!! Is out there any tactic for such teams, or these teams are doomed:'(?

Well, every team and player has their strengths for the level they are playing at. If absolutely ALL players are totally **** and they lack the mental skills to be a part of a team, then one IS actually doomed.

But, I have never seen such a team and there are always ways to play a team to their best. Perhaps one has some quickish players ? . Perhaps a few that are tall and knows how to jump and head the ball into the net.

I assume he is referring to a team with players stats not reaching more than say 8 or so but with every other team is similar in players and stats..

I am referring to players with best attributes arround 10-11-12 at most!!! BTH you must try 2nd division greek league, all teams are such I am talking about!!! Thanks for the reply guys

I am referring to players with best attributes arround 10-11-12 at most!!! BTH you must try 2nd division greek league, all teams are such I am talking about!!! Thanks for the reply guys

I would go with the approach Raikan suggested and remember that a player with the pace and acceleration, dribbling of 10-12 might still be able to run riots of the opponents have slow defenders.

an example I can give are the 16 year old players of the english clubs, they may have about 3 attributes about 10 to 12 and all the other are 4 to 8! But in such leagues they are not 16!!!! And finances suck also!

you might as well not even bother managing with any team outside of the prem or any top divison, mostly all of these tactics on this site dont work for lower league teams and underdogs, the only way you can actually win titles is by being the likes of barca and the manchester clubs, really bad game this year , ive given up on it after months of heartbreaking cheap game mechanics and cheap computer gameplay bullcrap, i dont know why i bother buying these football manager games, the last decent one they made was 2006!

Last edited:
if u have a team that bad then am i rite in thinking your in a very low league so im guessing that the teams in that league are also in the same boat and your not going to playing again'st real madrid or man utd.
you need to get a tactic to fit with the players u have , sign young players , free players to get you going.
Things don't work like magic ever time you have to work hard on tactics like in real life .
Good luck and hope you find something helps you from this.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ining/111377-mr-langvatns-underdog-beast.html

View attachment 301969

View attachment 301970

View attachment 301975

MP : Defensive Positioning and the bar one click right, from left to right.

I literally steal points from every single team.

My squad is for relegation.

Djibril great tactic I know!!!! But thought you need some quality players even for this tactic!! I will give it a try, because I know Aris has one of the worst squads in Greece, in my opinion the most shity players!! well done
P.S. Did you renamed the tactic, cause in your screenshot it is written 4-4-1-1, did you make any changes from the original?

Last edited:
I renamed it because in previous save i used three of Mr Langvatn tactics and wanted to see which is each one because of many characters in default names.

Changes.

1. I use the first one he uploaded. The AMC is Trequartista and the ST is Advanced Forward.
2. Attacking corners to near post, Attacking freekicks to best header.
3. Attacking corners and freeckicks, DL and DR stay back, and two DMs default. The rest as is.4. Goalkeeper distribution : defender collect

5. Training :

View attachment 302079

Thats for two reasons.
a. i have many loaned and not good potentially players so i dont care about their development. I care about taking the results - increase funds - buy better players.
b. I have it like that two weeks before first league match, then forgot to changed it but the results were good and was afraid to.

Team Talks.

Against same or worst opp.

Home in assertive tone, away in cautious tone.

Show me what you can do

HT If winning by one : dont get complacent
If loosing : AGG Not happy

Against tougher opp.

Home in assertive tone, away in cautious tone

No pressure

HT if winning by one : no pressure
If wiining by two or more : happy but you can do better
If loosing : AGG Not happy

FT if won, in same tone as before match, good win.
If draw good performance.
If loose AGG Not happy.

Players : As you can see i didnt even play friendly matches. Thats because i was TOO busy to find players and too anxious to sign them because of tight budget Its better if you have players but i think it will work even if you buy none (not so good though). Agantho is injurie prone. Papasterianos and Papazacharias are paid with 500.000. With this money you can buy/loan 4 new better than them players.

You need a descent gollie. Vellidis is great but you need a second one just in case. Andrada is ideal.

Sign Romario (Vitoria).
And offer contract to Gianniotas because you will lose him for 150.000 (clause)

The tactic : STW4411.tac

All credit to Mr Langvatn i cant believe this thread has only 12 pages.

And there are some other new good defensive tactics i saw.

I have changes the name of the thread to suit the actuall opening post.

Notice that this is a discussion thread, not a thread where you post links to uploaded tactics ( other than when referring to it as an example of what you are talking about)

Cheers

Try the 'namzet' system it near the top of the tactics thread