Approaching to sign youngsters?

• Thread starter Thread starter craiigman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

craiigman

Reaction score
How does this work exactly? In real life Arsenal have been stealing Barca youth players by signing them before they can sign for Barca. How do you do this in game? I'm sure when there used to be 14, 15 and 16 year olds you could approach to sign them and then just pay the team compensation?

Is it possible? In my second season there are loads of amazing regens of 5 star PA, but none of them show "approach to sign".

Is it possible to do this?

How does this work exactly? In real life Arsenal have been stealing Barca youth players by signing them before they can sign for Barca. How do you do this in game? I'm sure when there used to be 14, 15 and 16 year olds you could approach to sign them and then just pay the team compensation?

Is it possible? In my second season there are loads of amazing regens of 5 star PA, but none of them show "approach to sign".

Thats because they have a contract with Barca and cant be stolen. The thing is that the transfer setup has to work the same way for both the users and the CPU and as the user would never accept the computor stealing the players, the club having the youngsters coming up in the U-18 has the first options to sign them on a youth or fulltime contract.

( Its naturally also because that in FM, the U-18 is the "lowest" you can go, so there is no academies in the game as such.)

Last edited:

In order to poach players you need to get them before they sign a pre-contract with their club, thus its helpful to know regen dates then you can just look for players of that nationality on that day.

In order to poach players you need to get them before they sign a pre-contract with their club, thus its helpful to know regen dates then you can just look for players of that nationality on that day.

Okay I've found a list of dates, but how do you go about finding the players on that date? Also are the dates nationality of player or league in which they appear?

if you go to the barca academy at the beginning you can pick up a few of them for just compensation fees, as Arsenal i have actually just brought in Samper and Grimaldo

Okay I've found a list of dates, but how do you go about finding the players on that date? Also are the dates nationality of player or league in which they appear?

just look in the youth/u18 teams on that day and approach to sign

Am I checking clubs within the nation or players of that nationality?
Clubs within that nation.

For example, English regens arrive on 13th March- on that date you can check top clubs and other teams with good youth facilities (Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Southampton to name a few).

Likewise, Spanish regens arrive on 28th March. By checking Barcelona and Real Madrid youth teams you might be able to find some wonderkids that will be yours just for a small compensation fee.

Clubs within that nation.

For example, English regens arrive on 13th March- on that date you can check top clubs and other teams with good youth facilities (Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Southampton to name a few).

Likewise, Spanish regens arrive on 28th March. By checking Barcelona and Real Madrid youth teams you might be able to find some wonderkids that will be yours just for a small compensation fee.

Thanks, that makes more sense than anyone else who's tried to explain it. But does that mean you won't get an Argentinian regen in Spain (just an example). It'll always be Spanish regens in Spain?

Also with weird league like Iceland, since I don't have it set to playable all the current players are greyed out, on that date will I be able to see the regens or would I have to add the league as playable to be able to that?

Thanks, that makes more sense than anyone else who's tried to explain it. But does that mean you won't get an Argentinian regen in Spain (just an example). It'll always be Spanish regens in Spain?

Also with weird league like Iceland, since I don't have it set to playable all the current players are greyed out, on that date will I be able to see the regens or would I have to add the league as playable to be able to that?
Your regens can come from anywhere if thats what you mean, for instance as Shakhtar in the Ukraine i also got a regen who was Croatian, a couple of English ones and a Argentinian

Back