Aqua set for loan move

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlPrincipino

Reaction score
The midfielder was not included in the squad for Thursday's 1-0 Europa League win over Trabzonspor and the Reds boss admitted a temporary move back home could be on the cards.
"At the moment we are considering possibly loaning him to an Italian club, but nothing is sure about that yet so I don't have anything to report" said Hodgson.
"I didn't want to use him tonight just in case the loan goes through because for Aquilani this year it's very important that he plays regular football, every week as the number one man on the team sheet.
"I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties.
"It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."

And I thought that Hodgson like offensive football. Sounds we are going into the season with Gerrard and Cole as the only creative players (although I dont know if I can really categorize Gerrard as a creative player, I dont think he can be a playmaker) and Lucas, Mascherano and Poulsen as defensive midfielders.
What 's your opinions ? As you can see, I m a huge fan of Aquilani, I ve been watching play since Roma and I thought that this year, with his ankles troubles behind, he could be pure quality.
For me it 's a ******* joke puting a player like Poulsen in front of Aquilani.

To be frank Aquilani has done sod all for Liverpool. Ive only ever seen him play decently once for the reds.

To be frank Aquilani has done sod all for Liverpool. Ive only ever seen him play decently once for the reds.

End of last season he was excellent for the six or seven games he played when fully fit.

But.... being leaked out today that Mr.Hodgson believes Aquilani and Lucas aren't training hard enough (and I'm going to be blunt and call bullshit on that one) and then we get the news that they're trying to ship Aquilani out on loan.

As ever I am focusing on supporting my manager, but my god, he's making it hard right now.

Aquilani was pretty impressive last season (after January), despite what those outside of Liverpool say. Would be a shame if he was to leave, would prefer him playing off the striker than Joe Cole. Even when Aquilani was still injured he was more involved than Cole has been in his first two real games for Liverpool.

Strange, can kind of see where Roys coming from on this though because it looks like hes going to be playing Gerrard Mascherano Cole in centre midfield whenever possible so this will leave Aqua on the bench and a not match fit Aqua is terrible also he still needs time to fit in and we aint really got time haha.

But... if we were to be hit by injuries (which will we will) we would have to just rely on the likes of Lucas and Jonjo to provide the cover in that role.

Ah well I'll trust Roy on this one and see how it goes, maybe a season in Italy playing every week will do him the world of good!

Last edited:
very wierd one for me, roy got it wrong imo. you finally get some depth and he's sending the cover on loan?

I know this is going to **** all you off, but use the transfer romour thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back