• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool's Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani will join Juventus on a one-year loan deal, pending a medical.

More...

lol, so he's good enough for Juve but not Liverpool.

Questioning Hodgson here. He is a good player and if you gave him time he could have taken the next step. Ah well, suppose the manager knows best.

Massive sum off money spent on him. Maybe should of gave him this season to prove he's worthy.

Massive sum off money spent on him. Maybe should of gave him this season to prove he's worthy.

Just short of £16.5m spent on him as a transfer fee (20m Euros).

More a sign that the club is seeking to reduce costs I fear. Was the buy part of the deal confirmed anywhere? Was told it was somewhere between 15m to 18m Euros.

I don't care whether he wants first team football or not, we need strength in depth and a good bench and he'd bring exactly that. Plus when he's fit he should be a regular starter.

I doubt he'll be back after the loan :(

Pending a medical though... Judging by his susceptibility to injuries he'll probably fall off the treadmill and fail.

Pretty much a trade for Poulsen?

I would still consider Aquilani to be a flop, despite his apparent injuries, they won't see close to the £20M they paid, and with Cole in the team, where will he play?

When it comes to signings this is an epic fail for Liverpool. Will probably do well for Juventus though.

We are going to pay Aquilani ´s wages plus 1M and they give us in exchange Poulsen so we can pay his wages as well. Good job Roy !

Such a pity, barely got any game time at Liverpool because of his injuries.

Probably didn't want to risk him in his 25 man squad, with his injury proneness.

Probably didn't want to risk him in his 25 man squad, with his injury proneness.
I think it has more to do with the buy of Poulsen. We all thought that it was to replace Mascherano, but Hodgson has said that he prefers him going on a free rather than loosing him. I thought we had learnt the lesson with McManaman but clearly we didnt. The best for Liverpool FC was to sell Mascherano this market and invest the money and bring young players.
Anyway as I said, Poulsen and Aquilani are on the same wages and we know how this club works.

The best for Liverpool FC was to sell Mascherano this market and invest the money and bring young players.

No-one has put a bid in for Mascherano. Liverpool have said they won't let him go on the cheap but will if someone meets their minimum valuation of him. I'm kind of expecting a club to come in with a £15m bid just before the transfer window closes and for the club to have to make a decision on the best course of action to take.

No-one has put a bid in for Mascherano. Liverpool have said they won't let him go on the cheap but will if someone meets their minimum valuation of him. I'm kind of expecting a club to come in with a £15m bid just before the transfer window closes and for the club to have to make a decision on the best course of action to take.
No way Mascherano is going now mate. It is worrying that our manager has showed the door to a player that was dying for play for us and keep a player that is unsettled and wants to go since more than a year ago.

The worrying thing about Mascherano is that supposedly there's only 2 years left on his contract. If we aren't sorted financially by this time next season either expect him to be sold for a ridiculously low fee (eg. Ozil) or to simply run his contract down and leave on a free.

seems like a pretty bad deal to even sign the lad, i swear i heard before pool signed him he had only played about 50 games in the previous 3seasons.

seems like a pretty bad deal to even sign the lad, i swear i heard before pool signed him he had only played about 50 games in the previous 3seasons.
Rafa made a gamble and it didnt work out on his first season, but he signed him for 5 seasons not for 1. Since the first press conference, Rafa was saying how Aquilani was a buy for next season (this one). Im convinced his plan was to build a team around him, the pass and move game back at Anfield. He protected him last season, because he knew he was not fully fit yet and he didnt want to ruin the card he had for this season. And now that he is fully fit, here comes the grandfather and shows him the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back