Are Barcelona being supported by officials?

Do referees help Barca?

• Yes, and they're doing it intentionally

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No, these are just excuses for the weak

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Yes, but not intentionally

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
I think Abidal is the only player from Barca who doesn't surround the ref after every decision.

I'm sorry but Real Madrid surround the ref and dive around just as much as Barca. In the 1st leg of the CL di Maria was diving every time a Barca player came near him. This was followed every time by Real Madrid players shouting at the ref. It was the same in the 2nd leg, Alonso especially was moaning at the ref throughout the game. He himself made at least 3 or 4 blatant fouls before getting booked, and even then he had a cheek to moan at the ref. It's a blatant tactics to try to make the ref give more decision there way. The same goes for Carvalho. How he didn't get booked in the first half amazes me, and Madrid have the cheek to say Barca don't get punished enough. The Real Madrid
team should try looking at the 1st leg in an unbiased way. Anyone watching that game could see it was Real Madrid trying every trick in the book. It was disgusting! I'm not saying Barca are Angels, Mascarano and Pedro were guilty of some serious treating. But I can't help feeling that Real Madrid had been cheating from the start and some of the Barca players had had enough so started themselves.

I would love UEFA to look into these games as neutrals and punish the real cheats. But as I've said before, if the Spanish/Portugese consider diving and fooling the ref a skill they have to be prepared for other teams to cheat against them.

Two wrong doesn't make one right. Note that never in my posts had I even mentioned about Real Madrid. This is a discussion about Barcelona, and I'm talking about them. Let's put it simply, just because Real Madrid are hoarding the referees whenever possible means that Barcelona have all the reasons to do the same? If bringing Real Madrid into the conversations is all you're gonna do to defend your beloved team than I guess arguing with you is pointless.

Two wrong doesn't make one right. Note that never in my posts had I even mentioned about Real Madrid. This is a discussion about Barcelona, and I'm talking about them. Let's put it simply, just because Real Madrid are hoarding the referees whenever possible means that Barcelona have all the reasons to do the same? If bringing Real Madrid into the conversations is all you're gonna do to defend your beloved team than I guess arguing with you is pointless.

Alright mate! Don't be a *****. The whole reason this argument started is because Madrid made the accusation. If they hadn't we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. Plus you did mention Madrid, so you better check yo'self before yo' wreck yo'self! Haha.

As a neutral entity... no. Of course not. UEFA and the refs are as neutral as they can be, anyone who says they are not might be the same people making all the other stupid conspiracy theories.

Regarding the poll, I think Barca get more decisions yes, but it isn't intentional. Maybe down to pressure on the referees? Most of the decisions are ridiculous and just require a bit of common sense. It seems that when Barca come up against the TOP teams they always end up with a man advantage.

The lesser teams can't get near them, they'll just pass it around them all day. But when they face a good team, I think it's just part of their game to go down after every tackle, stay down, and pile more pressure on the ref. In the smaller games there's no need to do it because there's not really any threat from the opposition.

People respect Barcelona for being a great footballing side, but when you see them diving around all game in every big match you wonder why they really need to behave that way.

I don't think it's a stupid thread, it's just debate.

The refs are intentionally supporting them (not all of them anyway) and it's hard being a referee, so we can't criticise them without knowing what it's like. So, I'm going to vote 'no'. And I'm neutral.

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona (along with other big clubs, but specially them two) have been historically favoured by the officials.
Are clubs like us (Real Zaragoza) who are suffering this forever.

We are the ones who should complain, not Real Madrid.