Are experienced players better for LLM?

LukeDirnt

Reaction score
I know its not hardcore LLM but I have started a new save with Hartlepool. I am currently 5th through mid-season. I have a bit of a transfer budget right now and I would like to get some players to help me get promotion. I have signed on a free transfer a 35 year old player and he has a rating of 8.6 overall and my TM is a 36 year old striker who banged a good ammount of goals.
So there lies my question. Are experienced players better? Or just this ones?

Well, generally speaking, players with higher stats in consistency, determination and decision will get you an advantage over those lacking in such stats and as older players having played at a higher level are more likely to be better here, YES.

But as a downside, their Physic might be really poor so do try to mix it up with some pacey and strong youngsters.

I think you need a balance between older people who seen it all with some younger brilliants that are in long term to good for the LL but didn't yet make it in higher leagues. An experienced striker is always great to have. Good for goals. On the wings you need younger and faster players that can bring the balls to the striker.

Thanks to you both. Another question. Are defender always so ******* stupid on LL? I havent found someone good at the back.

Thanks to you both. Another question. Are defender always so ******* stupid on LL? I havent found someone good at the back.

I've found defenders in FM13 are pretty stupid most of the time, it's just one of those quirks of the game. Even in the Premier League you'll see defenders do some... special things quite often

Balance is key really key. One way I get good older players to sign is to offer 50 percent sell on fee with only a year long contract with no intention to sell!