Argentina name provisional 30-man World Cup squad

Yeah Kris that's what I'm saying, he just doesn't know what he's doing, like starting the two Velez guys in centre back when they have defenders playing Champions League football :S

I was just looking on Otamendi's Wiki page and it said 'His third start with Argentina during the World Cup qualification was in the final match, against Uruguay, where he played as a right winger.'

This cannot be right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolás_Otamendi

I wonder if Maradona only wants to take his squad on a field trip, cause the way it is now they might just as well not show up at all. Would serve them right to be knocked out in the groups, but they´ll be lucky enough to get through since the competition ain´t the strongest.

He also left out Banega and Gago. In Argentina most people fear a group stage exit. The team is playing horrible, no tactic. He relies solely on motivation, guts and individual skills. Just like his 86 team. That doesnt work anymore....But the again its Argentina, you can expect anything and nothing from them. Plus, they have an easy group so to say, and 2nd round should also be not that challenging. After that, its bye bye time.

I think they'll get knocked out in the quatre finals. They have a weak midfield

Cambiasso, Gabby Milito and Zanetti should all have been in that squad even Lisandro even though I doubt he would have got into the first team let alone the final 23. There's also Gago although he hasn't played much this season for Madrid and also Banega who has probably been Valencia's best player this year. Not even a sniff.

Where is Cambiasso? And Veron might be past his best but he is the closest thing to Xavi Argentina have and he can play quite a role in their campaign. I think he is actually one of his best thought through call-ups.

The reason the get knocked out will simply be because Maradona is the coach. You don't need amazing tactics for that team really

No Cambiasso, maradona has been sniffing way more coke than usual XD

I think I'm better than Veron and I only play in U-21's ><

Defence doesnt look too strong. Dont see Argentina winning this one.