• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 472

W4FC B3N

Reaction score
BBC News - Argyle chair sues News of the World over hacking claims

Argyle chair sues News of the World over hacking claims

_53913227_jex_9821_de51-1.jpg

Plymouth Argyle's chairman Peter Ridsdale has confirmed he is suing the News of the World over hacking claims. He said it related to an "e-mail hacking incident that happened over a year ago". He said he did not know what they were looking for. Mr Ridsdale claimed information was then published by the newspaper which could only have been sourced from his emails. BBC News has contacted the News of the World which has yet to comment. "I have 24,000 e-mails and they had access for five days, I don't know what they sought, what they found, I just know what they used," Mr Ridsdale said. He believed they used a password prompt to change the password and access his account. "They couldn't then change the password back and I was frozen out," he said.

It comes after Prime Minister David Cameron on Wednesday said he would set up a public inquiry into alleged phone hacking. The Royal British Legion has also announced it is to drop the paper as its campaigning partner. The services charity said it was "shocked to the core" by the claims and was reviewing its advertising budget with the paper's owner News International, which also publishes The Sun and The Times.

Jesus! I'm even thinking about suing them and getting on the act! God knows how many people have been targetted, no doubt every single story that the newspaper has covered over the past 2 years has probably had some sort of involvment.

What were they expecting in his email inbox?

Plans to ruin another footballing club? Unpayed debt charges? Late Loan Repayments? Or was it plans about his 'Holiday' in Devon, which ended up in him buying a football club, which was something he said he didn't want... Jesus, The News of The World, must be desperate people...

I hope Plymouth get some money from this, quite like them and no club deserves administration.

Back