garthy1706

Reaction score

I wanted one last big save before FM16 came out so I decided to download a league megapack so I now have plenty more leagues to choose all over the world.

These are the 7 leagues that I am going to start with. I am hopefully going to win the league title at these 7 countries before there are another 7 from Africa I can add further down the line.

I have started my career unemployed with a reputation of sunday league foootballer and no coaching badges. Let the adventure begin.

View attachment 229014

My first job in management took me to DR Congo and FC Lubumbashi Sport. I applied for a few jobs but these were the first team to come back with an interview. I passed the interview process and off I went. What I didn't realise until after I had accepted the job was that they were predicted to get relegated and the squad was pretty rubbish. Relegation was not an option though as there i only 1 league in Congo and relegation would have meant the sack.

View attachment 229013

Unfortunately with our team being predicted for relegation our club stature is rubbish which means we can't exactly attract good players and with very little wage budget 2 of the players were signed on non contract basis.

View attachment 229008 View attachment 228990

The start to the season was fantastic winning our very first game 5-1. Unfortunately we then had to play the top 2 teams in our league and were duly hammered. This had an affect on morale and conceding a late equalizer in the 4th game didn't help matters. 2 more defeats followed before we won against the leagues whipping boys to help our fight for survival. We then suffered another defeat but a draw on the last day of the season secured our place in the division next season.

With our league status secure for another year we now move onto the Coupe Du RD Congo where the board are expecting us to finish mid table.

View attachment 228988

View attachment 228871

Now it was time to play in the Coupe Du RD Congo. What I have gathered that this competition is for the teams who finish 6th-10th in Group A & B of the top division. The top 5 play in the Champions Playoff to determine the winner of the league.

View attachment 228870

I was expecting us to win a few games so we could hold our heads up high but what actually happened so unbelieveable. We started the campaign like a house on fire scoring goals for fun which accumulated in us winning out first 7 games. We then lost 2 of our next 3 games but after that we went unbeaten to the lat game of the season. For the last game I decided to give some of the recent youth intake a chance and we were easily beaten but the result didn't bother me.

View attachment 228865

I have now won my first piece of silverware and I hope this will give us confidence for next year as I would like us to be in the Champions Playoff.

View attachment 228861

Something that I did not expect when winning the trophy was a passage into the African Confederations Cup. Not bad for a team that were predicted to be relegated at the start of the season.​

View attachment 228758

After the euphoria of last season I thought we would be able to build on it this season but unfortunately our 3 best players left because they wouldn't sign new contracts and we were never able to replace them.

View attachment 228757

Our first competitive game of the season was the DR Congo Super Cup against the best team in the country and we were easily beaten. Our league campaign started and one word that FM used to describe us was impotent and I couldn't have put it better myself. The amount of chance we created and missed was unbelievable. If we had our 2 main strikers that left us we would have won half of those games but we looked useless in front of goal.

View attachment 228754

All those results left us bottom of the table after 5 games with a terrible goal difference so at that point I decided to resign and move on to my next venture in Africa. I will be back in DR Congo at some point to try and win the league but hopefully it will be with TP Mazember.​

I wanted one last big save before FM16 came out so I decided to download a league megapack so I now have plenty more leagues to choose all over the world. These are the 7 leagues that I am going to start with. I am hopefully going to win the league title at these 7 countries before there are another 7 from Africa I can add further down the line. I have started my career unemployed with a reputation of sunday league foootballer and no coaching badges. Let the adventure begin.
This sounds great!
o.png

After leaving Lubumbashi Sport I decided to look for another job straight away. After a couple of failed interviews I landed the job of Medeama Sporting Club who were in the Ghanaian Premier Division. They were languishing near the bottom of the table of the goal was safety. Well until I accepted the job I didn't realise it would be just like managing Lubumbashi all over again. They had very little wage budget, the squad was very young and pretty rubbish and unless a miracle happened they would just be fighting relegation every year.

View attachment 228294

My first game in charge was a victory in the national cup competition. This was followed by a win against the team who were bottom of the league. We were unlucky in our next game as we led twice but were pegged back both times. The next game was when the size of the task hit me and after being battered 9-0 I decided that having this all over again wasn't for me and I resigned.

The job hunt started again but with resigning from 2 clubs and my finances being pretty **** both times my job prospects weren't looking that great. I had a couple of interviews but nothing concrete until a team in the Cameroon 2nd division came calling.

View attachment 228289
The team were called Lion Ngoma. They were just above the relegation zone but there main aim was to finish in the top half. Even though the finances weren't great at least it was a representation of every other cub in the league and I felt I could actually accomplish something here.

View attachment 228286

My first game came on the 24/04 and I managed to win my first game in charge 1-0. This boosted morale and we went on a 7 game winning run that pushed up the table much to the delight of the fans. We lost the next game but winning the next 3 after that didn't dent the confidence. That's when the blip came and 1 win in 6 threatened to de rail our good season. Thankfully our run in was against teams fighting relegation and 4 wins in out last 5 made sure we finished the season on a high.

View attachment 228281

After losing our 3r to last game of the season I thought our chances of promotion were over but 2 resounding wins and other results falling our way meant that next season we wold be plying our trade in the top tier of Cameroon football.

View attachment 228280

We also had a very good cup run were we managed to get to the semi finals before we were beaten by the league leaders of the 1st division. The cup run didn't do us any favours though as most of the games were played at the end of the season so we found ourselves nearly playing every other day to keep up wth both schedules.

So my aim for next season now is to stay in the top division comfortably and boost my reputation as well as repairing the damage to my managing finances tab.​

Nice title win with Lubumbashi!

Keep up the good work man, will be following this :)

View attachment 228176

Even though we managed to get promoted last year our squad was a little thin and we were relying a lot on the youth intake to fill up the squad. What I wanted to do in the transfer market was buy good players but also bulk up our squad for for our tilt in the 1st division.

View attachment 228174

All in all I brought in 17 new players. Not all of them are first teamers. I decided that I would bring in some young players that would help us spend less money going forward. Here are some of the key players I signed.

View attachment 228170

Olivier was on loan for us last season and was detrimental for us when gaining promotion so was a no brainer to bring him back on a permanent contract.

View attachment 228169

With Olivier on one wing I needed someone to fill the right wing spot as that was one area I felt we was weak in last season and Daniel should certainly do that.

View attachment 228166

Our 2 main strikers did really well last season firing in the goals that got us up to 3rd. Towards the end of last season though one of them was injured and our back ups weren't up to standard. Hugo is certainly a good deputy and can fill the right wing role should Daniel ever get injured.

View attachment 228163

I signed a few defenders this year as we leaked too many goals for my liking and Henri is certainly the best of them. He has great potential and at the age of 24 I am hoping he fulfills that this season. If he does it won't b long before he is linked with the bigger clubs in the division.

View attachment 228161

As with any season when you bring some players in others have to leave to balance the squad. 3 of them were out of contract and weren't going to get a game this season. I let a couple more go on a free transfer plus a few youngsters go out on loan who have a future but aren't quite good enough for the first team yet.

View attachment 228159

We played 4 pre season friendlies against lower league opposition and managed to in 2 and draw 2. Results don't matter to me in pre season its all about getting the players fit and not picking up injuries.​

View attachment 228103

February & March 2017

View attachment 228102

We started off our league campaign against a team we beat in the cup last year but it didn't pan out that way this time around. We were the better side for most of the game but we conceded an own goal in the 80th minute, fortunately 5 mins later we managed to equalize to gain our first points of the season. We then faced another side we beat in the cup and this team we managed the same feat again. The stats showed it to be an equal contest but we managed to score with all 4 of our shots on target to pick up our first win of the campaign. We then managed to win again by the same scoreline but this time we were the dominant side as we show we belong in the league. If any of our players were getting ahead themselves then the next game brought them back down to earth. We played one of the title favorites and boy did it show as we were brushed aside 4-0. Luckily it didn't dent the confidence of the team too much and in a pulsating game we manage to come out on top 4-3. We had much of the possession but didn't do enough with it but it is a victory none the less. Our last game was against another title contender but this time we showed we can cause a team problems. The scoreline flatters the opposition as we had 2 men sent off and played well until the 2nd man was sent off late on. I am very hopeful that we can stay up this season.

View attachment 228098

I don't envisage us being 6th at the end of the season but at least we have got off to a good start and its a good platform to build from.

View attachment 228096

The player of the month has to be Bondi Christ. He has scored 4 goals in 6 games and most of these have been at crucial times in the matches.​