ARSENAL 1ST SEASON JANUARY 50M CENTRE MID

• Thread starter Thread starter ADAMTURNER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

ADAMTURNER

Reaction score
Im in my first season with Arsenal just about top of the league really need a CM to keep me competing with other top 4 midfields i have 50 million, im looking for more of an established player than a wonderkid as i have the cm pierre~ from bayern joining at the end of the season. would like an advanced playmaker kind of attacking midfielder rather than defensive.

Pogba, 40-45 mil up front and 40 after 50 games. his agent will demand around 10-13 mil in sigon for both him and pogba.

Either Max Meyer (got him for £17.5m, dirt cheap for his ability and is so good at MC as a DLP), or Youri Tielemans. I signed him in 2020 for £56m so you may get him cheaper than that.

I picked up Bernado Silva for £21.5M in January with Liverpool and played him as MC and he is a beast. Only 21 and averaged 8.10 between January and the end of the season for me.

I signed Granit Xhaka for Liverpool on my save (not quite in the same league as others) but I paid 9m upfront and will rise to £16m if all clauses are met.

I'd wait and give Ainsley Maitland-Niles a chance when he comes back off loan. Probably one of the best prospects in the game.

This is assuming you haven't sold Ozil, Cazorla, Coquelin, Ramsey and Wilshere, all of which are already quality starters at CM.

I'd wait and give Ainsley Maitland-Niles a chance when he comes back off loan. Probably one of the best prospects in the game.

This is assuming you haven't sold Ozil, Cazorla, Coquelin, Ramsey and Wilshere, all of which are already quality starters at CM.

I still have all of these, I'm thinking of selling wilshere though as he's 24 and i dont think he will reach his potential, and even if he does Youri Tielemans is/will be better and I can use the money from wilshere (plus transfer budget) to buy a world class midfielder.

I still have all of these, I'm thinking of selling wilshere though as he's 24 and i dont think he will reach his potential, and even if he does Youri Tielemans is/will be better and I can use the money from wilshere (plus transfer budget) to buy a world class midfielder.

To be fair I bought Tielemans too but until Jan 2nd Season he's not really been good enough to get Wilshere's spot on the bench.

I loaned Maitland Niles to Wolves after they got promoted (2nd year) and he wins or comes 2nd in the young player of the month almost every month. Only being beaten to it by Bellerin playing for me.

I use Cazorla and Ramsay at CM - DLP and Ozil and Wilshere at AMC - AP. I'm not planning on replacing/phasing out Cazorla or Ozil until next (3rd) season.

I feel Arsenal have bigger problems elsewhere e.g. Strikers, Ball Winning Midfielders, Centre Backs and a Left Back

Yeah definitely good point about the left back, Monreal is decent back up i'd say, when you want a decent first XI anyway, I've bought barbosa upfront and he'***** ridiculous form now back to back hatricks. is Gaya the best bet for LB? seems to obvious though

Yeah definitely good point about the left back, Monreal is decent back up i'd say, when you want a decent first XI anyway, I've bought barbosa upfront and he'***** ridiculous form now back to back hatricks. is Gaya the best bet for LB? seems to obvious though

I tried to get Barbosa but Tottenham of all teams beat me to him.

I managed to sign Ricardo Rodriguez in my 2nd Season but also bought a young Brazilian from Flemish called Jorge but he hasn't played enough to give feedback on.

Gaya is a top shout though. Could see him suiting Arsenal's style of play.

Jorge is a beast in my Wolves save. A truly complete LB. 6 goals and 16 assists in all competitions says it all.

View attachment 166559

As for central midfielder, keep an eye out on Kovacic, if he gets unhappy you can pick him up on the cheap. Got him for just 13.75m when he was transfer listed.

My 3 best central midfielders Kovacic, Luca Valzania, Tielemans, in that order.
I don't think many people pick up the Italian. But he is one of my top leaders in key passes and has solid all around game. For me his key stats are his leadership, determination, passing, and vision. His physical athletic scores are very solid as well.

View attachment 166558

Zeca is a quality left back and quite cheap from Santos, Joao Pedro from Palmerias or Arana from Corinthians

Back