Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm starting new game with my beloved Arsenal & I have some concerns - maybe you had the same.

I want to sell some dead wood like Walcott and Debuchy, upgrade on Elneny which I'd love to sell and considering cashing in on Alexis.

My concerns are:
- no-one wants Walcott even for 20 million and I don't know really if it is possible to sell him for something more than this
- who can I buy as a young and perspective player to be backup for Bellerin
- who would you buy for Elneny? Sergej Milinkovic Savic, Jean Michael Seri or Leon Goretzka?
- is there any chance that Alexis would stay? If not - do you think I should replace him with Lemar or maybe someone cheaper? If I sing Lemar there will no more room to buy anyone else to be honest.

Maybe you had some other ideas about Arsenal transfers? Let me know. I'll appreciate it.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A5000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I'm using arsenal too. I would advise you to keep those 3 as Elneny is very versatile, Walcott is surprisingly good on fm and Debuchy is perfect back up as Bellerin himself is going to hold down that right back position for at least 10 seasons. The only signing I wanted was a defensive midfielder. Sanchez and Ozil didn't push for a move so there was no need to replace them

To be honest my biggest concern was about Sanchez, but maybe I'll have more benefits from his goals than from selling him.
Now I'm thinking, that maybe the best way would be starting game without transfers in the first window.

Besides that, you had any luck in buying DM?

For CM, I like the look of Milinkovic Savic(£30M) at Lazio.
Napoli seem to be the easiest team to buy from and have alot of options at CM.
Seri good option too.

Maybe Berardi for Right Inside Forward.

Real willing to sell Casemiro for around £60m but hes not interested.

Sergio Roberto at Barca has a Min fee release of about £26M and is natural at RB and CM but also not interested.

Last edited:
You can get Leon Goretzka for 15 million if you unsettle him. Worth it if you can.

Alexis will NOT stay even if
he is happy at club
you became his favorite manager
Arsenal win EPL and will play in Champ L next year
at least it was in my save

Gelson Martins is a great option at AMR playing as Inside Forward. I signed him (about £30m) on my Man Utd save and he was in great form. Value increases a lot as well (currently £56m)

Just ended the first window as Arsenal:

Sold:

Alexis - £60m Manchester City (Only club that bid)
Holding - Loan Wolves

Bought:

Goretzka -Schalke - £18m (Initially wanted £36m before unsettling him)
Dembele - Celtic - £19m (Lacazette out 3-4 months injured, signed as sub but currently starting with Giroud on bench)
Horn - Koln - £15.5m (Replacing Cech as No. 1)
Memphis - Lyon - £22m (Insigne and Carrasco's agents both refused to negotiate without Champion's League, Memphis signed for season before (hopefully) qualifying for CL next season)

So far Dembele has been dropped for Giroud but does well off the bench in the last 30 mins of the match, Goretzka is being trained as a B2B-mid and rotating with Ramsey in that spot. Leno's done well but Memphis is shocking, don't think he's had a rating over 6.4 yet, Iwobi and Welbeck are both better out on the left right now.

I almost sold Giroud to Napoli in the window, thankfully I didn't or Welbeck would have to double as ST/LW sub, he's most likely gone next year though if Insigne or Carrasco join.

Last edited:
Arsenal save

A bit late to the conversation but I've finally upgraded my FM13 to the latest FM18 and discovered this thread after looking for some tactical tips/advice.

Intend on playing 4-2-3-1 and is going well in pre-season so far.

2 weeks into the job and I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself;
  1. Secured Ozil & Wilshere on new contracts
  2. Sanchez doesn't want to renew, I've offered to clubs but the best (only) offer so far was from Liverpool (36M upfront + various add-ons bringing it to 60M). Rejected & holding out for 60M+ upfront.
  3. Revamped the backroom staff;
    • Steve Bould is out - I really wanted to keep him but his game stats aren't good enough :(
    • Steve Holland is the new AMgr, Bernhard Peters in as new HOY
    • New staff across the board pretty much plus increased number of coaches & scouts
    • Retained Arsene as GenMgr, Rowley as Chief Scout & Lewin as Head Phys
  4. Signed some exciting young talent;
    • Goretzka (like most everyone else!) - didn't realize he could be unsettled or how to do that yet so I ended up paying 30M. Was happy with that until I read this thread :)
    • Timo Horn (also like everyone). Triggered release fee clause 15.5M. He'll compete with Cech for a starting spot this season
    • Aaron from Espanyol. Release clause triggered 22.5M. One of the most exciting LB prospects in Europe. Straight into the 1st team squad
    • Fruchtl from Bayern for 16M (rising to 22M). Steep but he is probably the best future GK in the game, right up there with Donnarumma. Will compete with Horn once Cech retires/is released
    • De Ligt from Ajax for 10M (loaned back to Ajax for the season). One of the best CB prospects in the game and will eventually succeed the BFG or Kos
  5. Still looking for a Sanchez replacement and the coffers or now pretty bare. Monaco wanted over 100m for my first choice (Lemar). Taking a look at Insigne now after reading this thread.
  6. Sold Ospina to Zenit for 8M (rising to 12M) & Monreal to China for 13M
  7. Not sure who else to let go to raise more funds. The real life deadwood actually seem pretty decent so far in-game. Walcott, Coquelin, Chambers, Debuchy all look good so it looks like I'm relying on Sanchez bringing in a good wedge
  8. Areas of concern;
    • Feels light up front especially once Sanchez leaves. I definitely will need an AML replacement for him. Welbeck just isn't good enough to be a regular starter
    • Not sold on either Iwobi or Walcott as starters in the AMR role so probably need updgrade there
    • Lacazette & Giroud should be good enough to offer different approaches up top but I do want to bring in some exciting prospects here as there is no one pushing for inclusion from the U23/U18 teams (picked up Diego on a free (19 yr old striker) who may develop in a few years or at least bring in some cash if he doesn't make the grade)
Still need to figure out all the match tactics/instructions/set pieces etc but so far I'm enjoying the new version. It seems significantly more in-depth than FM13, bewilderingly so at first but I'm sure I'll get there eventually!!