Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 408

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Samir Nasri scores twice as Arsenal beat Manchester United in a thrilling encounter at the Emirates Stadium.

More...

Sigh. We wasted so many chances, proper clear cut ones as well. They took theirs and probably deserved to win because of that, though thats hard to admit after playing well. I think we may be missing Scholes at times, the proper killer pass was lacking.

Fergie got his subs wrong (apart from Rafael obv-what a goal). Giggs should never have come on and can't do it in these games anymore. Nani shoulda come on for Park, or even Anderson and put Park inside. And Berbatov should have come off, not Rooney, he was poor, and lazy **** compared to those two (obv, but thats why he shuda come off).

And yeah we should have had a pen in the first half, it was identical to that one Chelsea got at the bridge last year, but it was our on fault we lost.

I just wish those thousands have Man Utd fans could have seen me when Nasri blasted that second in :D. T'was an ecstatic moment. Think it was a very close game, lie andy said only reason Arsenal deserved to win was taking their chances. To be fair as well Andy, although you should have had that pen, Nasri should have got that one in second half too...

why Ad itsn ot like your true rivals these days with yous been all the way down in l1 :D

Nah we're Leeds fierce rivals but they're not ours :P

To be fair as well Andy, although you should have had that pen, Nasri should have got that one in second half too...

Yeah probably, but the thing that got me (again not blaming the officials, we should have been ahead at this point anyway) was how the linesman missed it. When Sky showed Webbs view of the Nasri/Vidic one, all he could see is Nasri go down (and tugs like that happen all the time) whereas I'm pretty sure the linesman was in line with Clichy's arm.

Tbh the game must have been immense for a neutral

Who said it was anything to do with there being rivals? Ask the other 80% of people why they dislike Man Utd.

Because their successful? Cant see any reason not to like Man U, they play very attractive football, Chelsea on the other hand.

Match was good to watch in an attacking sense as both defences seemed to be at odds and ends all game. Both teams had fantastic chances within the opening 20 minsutes and it could have very easily been 2-2 at that point.

At least that fixture (along with Liverpool & Chelsea away) is now done with and Man Utd can now concentrate on picking up points in the 'easier games'.

Yeah thats one of the few positives. I'd still rather be in our position than Arsenal's (who have lost to Stoke, Fulham and Hull) and we have a game in hand. The three big ones we've played all away, and I'd expect us to beat all of them at home in 2009. City away is also at the end of this month, which means we've got them at h in the second half as well. Pretty sure we'll finish above Arsenal, and we can still win it no problem.

Back