• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal find out at 1100 BST on Friday which team they must beat to reach the group stage of the Champions League.

More...

We'll Draw away 1-1 and beat them 4-0 at the Emirates!! Up the Gunners!

Oh really, I think Arsenal will get through this, but Udinese are no push-overs. Too bad they lost Sanchez, he would have rape Arsenal defence. :(

Oh really, I think Arsenal will get through this, but Udinese are no push-overs. Too bad they lost Sanchez, he would have rape Arsenal defence. :(

lol, but we have gervhino to finish udinese off.

Doubai, Asamoah, Isla, Batocchio, Handanovic, Sio, Di Natale, Neuton... Not going to be easy at all, think this could go either way. The one thing I will say is Udinese always take a while to get going, not the best starters to a season. Depends on who Arsene signs IMO, needs a LB and CB.

We should get through this, but will be a tough test early on.

We'll Draw away 1-1 and beat them 4-0 at the Emirates!! Up the Gunners!
You should win, but 4-0 is very optimistic especially if Fabregas isn't in the team.

Just because you have signed one player (Gervinho) albeit a good one, he will take time to settle and Udinese have top players.

Di Natale is ageing, but is still a fantastic striker, and with many other good players to support him, I think they will win 1-0 at their home but lose 3-1 at the Emirates, thus losing by a narrow 3-2 (with the away goal) on aggregate.

Arsenal fans shouldn't underestimate them, but they are favourites for this game.

Di Natale was the Serie A top scorer with 28 goals last season...And was top scorer the season before that...

A truly great striker, can score from anywhere.

The second you underestimate Antonio is the second that he nips in and scores, Sanchez has had a lot of hype around him after last season but he would not have had anywhere near such a good season without ADN.

My prediction depends on whether Wenger signs a LB/CB by then...

Assuming he doesn't?

3-3 over 2 legs and Udinese go through on away goals.

have to say trust us to after messing up our PL season and finishing 4th to get the hardest team in the playoff draw :(

have to say trust us to after messing up our PL season and finishing 4th to get the hardest team in the playoff draw :(

Wouldn't say hardest team as you could have easily drew Bayern Munich in which case I would have fully expected them to go through. Nevertheless, Udinese will prove to be a stern test and we will all see what Arsenal are about at this early stage of the season.

Wouldn't say hardest team as you could have easily drew Bayern Munich in which case I would have fully expected them to go through. Nevertheless, Udinese will prove to be a stern test and we will all see what Arsenal are about at this early stage of the season.

To get Bayern Munich was impossible. Two seeded teams can't play each other. Footballing wise, Udinese are the toughest team we could have got, however I think that Rubin would have been much, much harder due to other reasons.

To get Bayern Munich was impossible. Two seeded teams can't play each other. Footballing wise, Udinese are the toughest team we could have got, however I think that Rubin would have been much, much harder due to other reasons.

I didn't think the draw was seeded?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I thought the draw was unseeded?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

no mate it was seeded bayern were in our pot :)

Yes it was seeded. We could only play one of the following:

1. FC Twente (HOL) 41.025
2. Rubin Kazan (RUS) 31.941
3. Udinese (ITA) 27.110
4. FC Zurich (SWI) 18.980
5. OB Odense (DEN) 18.630

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Di Natale was the Serie A top scorer with 28 goals last season...And was top scorer the season before that...

A truly great striker, can score from anywhere.

The second you underestimate Antonio is the second that he nips in and scores, Sanchez has had a lot of hype around him after last season but he would not have had anywhere near such a good season without ADN.

My prediction depends on whether Wenger signs a LB/CB by then...

Assuming he doesn't?

3-3 over 2 legs and Udinese go through on away goals.

IMO a CB is needed but to suggest that the current ones won't be able to beat Udinese is a strange one.

I believe Udinese play a passing game which will best suit our defenders. Kos has good anticipation of the ball and will do well i think. The problem is balls over the top, corners, free-kicks, Drogba-like players. I do agree however, that we need a LB and that when Cesc leaves a replacement like Mata will have to be purchased.

Back