Arsenal FC: Back to where we belong

• Thread starter Thread starter Pmdycd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 936

Pmdycd

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I used to play FM 12 like crazy but it became addictive and so I kinda took a break, now again back with it. Started career with Arsenal FC as it is my favorite team.

Expectations: Went for Title Winner: 79m Transfer kitty and 2.1 Payroll.
Bonuses: High for league and Champions league, Normal for Cup competitions.
Pitch size: Kept as it is.

Transfer Window: (Summer+ Winter): Right now I am in Month of March.

Sold: Bendtner, Chamakh, Park (Loan+ Buy-out next year), Diaby (Loan+ Buy-out next year), Squallaci, Mannone

Got around 22-25m from Sales.

Bought: Erikson (35m): Thought will get him for 10-12 as I used to be not any more.

It was essential buy as I have new database with Podolski and Giroud but no Cazorla yet and Wilshere and Rosicky start with injuries ruling them out for first 3 months of season so it was necessary to buy him.

Belhanda: It was punt, I wanted to sell Arshavin as I thought Belhanda was Central Attacking Midfielder. Nevertheless Bargain for 9m.

Sime Vrjaikso: 5 Clubs were in for him, offered him first team role and high agent fees and wages, Got for 1.7m.

Prestia: 2.8m. Put him in reserves for a year.

Yaya Sanogo: I wanted Niang but they asked for 28m package, Went for Sanogo and got for 1.7m. Playing in Reserves.

Loaned: Miyachi. Afobe (promoted and loaned). Welington Silva: Loaned (Real come for him always).

Most Importantly, Renewed Van Persie contract.

Still have 42m left in Transfer Kitty. Will keep it.

Tactics: I have been playing custom tactic with Van Persie up front on his own: Complete forward

Erikson as playmaker: CAM,

Walcott and Gervinho on wings, You can put them as winger/Inside forwards

Two Central midfielders behind: Arteta, Song, Ramsey, Wilshere(when fit) do well there.

Arshavin provides cover on either wings as well as for Erikson, Same with Rosicky.

Podolski provides cover for Van Persie and Left wing. Giroud is quite good for third choice. Scores lot of goals from Set Pieces.

Defense: Sagna on right back(Beast), Vermaelen, Mertesacker (Sweeps behind Verm), Gibbs/Santos either are good options.

Note: Gibbs often commit mistakes like giving away Penalty and all.

Sime Vrjaisko provide cover on full back positions as well as DM.

Szez is quite good and Kept Fabianski as he did not want to move.

Alex Oxalde Chamberlain and Belhanda provide cover for either wings.

Note: In this tactic, Gervinho, Walcott and Van Persie are absolutely unplayable. Even Arshavin does lot of damage.

Back up tactic:

Similar one but with a DM sitting in front of defense. In front of DM, Two Central Midfielders, And Couple of Wingers. Helps to Pack midfield. Hardly need this one though.

Results in next Post:

Last edited:
Results: Started Season and Went on quite a good run in the League and won almost first 7-8 games. Then Lost against City at Etihad. Have been having more than 55 percent of position and almost 4-5 clear cut chances and more shots every game.

Apart from loss away to New Castle 3-1, I have beaten Manchester United, Drew with Chelsea 2-2, Beat Liverpool 0-2 at Anfield and beaten Spurs.

Best Result was Thumping of QPR, 6-0.

Worst one was New Castle away loss: 3-1, I messed up by changing tactic in second half and Koscileny got Red Card in first half.

I am in March right now and for majority of season, I have been leading the league by more than 3 points.

Right now, Leading the league by 10 points with 26 games played.

League Cup: Was lucky to avoid any of big four but Got Spurs in Semi finals where I had Gervinho sent off within first 15th Minute. Drew that game 2-2 and thumped them at home 3-0.

Won the final against Bristol City by 4-0.

FA Cup: Currently in Pre-Quarters or Quarters (Cant remember).

Champions league: I got Malaga in Qualifiers and I was pretty scared. But Surprisingly thumped them 5-1 at home and lost 2-1 away(played reserves).

Won the Group and Got drawn against Valencia. First leg was away to Valencia and Beat them 4-1 at Mestella. Waiting for Second leg at Emirates.

Top Goal Scorer: Robin Van Persie, has 27 goals in league, 40 in all competitions in March.

Walcott with 14 and Giroud with 10.(Again, Great on Set Pieces).

Injuries: Rosicky and Wilshere came back in November. Same time lost Podolski and Belhanda for 4-5 months.

Erikson is signing of the season so far. Assists Van Persie every game or 2. Arshavin another Surprise, Great cover, changes games. Walcott and Gervinho have been class apart and So Vermaelen and Sagna.

I cant remember to add anything more. Please let me know if you have any questions guys. Thanks. :D

Back