Arsenal Football Club - Trophy Hunt

• Thread starter Thread starter FManagerHD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 827

FManagerHD

Reaction score
Z

Arsene Wenger says he has "Found his successor" after resigning as manager of Premier League side Arsenal.

The Frenchman, 63, has left with immediate effect,", and Under 18's manager Stephen Gibbs will now take charge of the team signing a one year contract.

Stephen Gibbs,
who joined Arsenal in January 2012, will manage the side for the rest of the season with a view to an extension.
Gibbs had been Under 18 manager since Steve Bould reverted to a coaching role at the club.

Arsenal finished third in the Premier League in May but haven't won a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup.
Wenger had been in charge of the London club since October 1996 when he replaced the sacked Bruce Rioch.

"After fifteen years in charge I feel it is time to hand the reigns over to a new manager and I am fully confident Stephen is the right man for the job, I have found my successor and the board agree with my decision. I would like to thank Arsenal for supporting me, the fans, the players, David Dein and the staff. I love this club and I hope it wins trophies under Stephen."

Back