• Views Views 3K

arsenal goalies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calum

Reaction score
I didnt want to make a thread onMaarten Stekelenburg so i just changed the OP of this thread about the Arsenal Keepers.

As arsenal need a goalkeeper i think we should sign Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax as he as had a fantastic world cup. And he had prob save of the world cup against villa in the final.

So do you think he would be a sucess at Arsenal ?

Would Wenger Buy him?
184599.png

Last edited:
Arsenal should sell them both.The money they'll get would contribute into buying a player such as Manuel Neuer,Rene Adler,or even Wenger's favourite,French players.

Hugo Lloris,Steve Mandanda and Sebastian Frey are all contenders as well.

Almunia is just not good enough,neither is Fabianski.

wouldnt have either of them at chelsea even as number 3 or 4 keeper.

Sell fabianski, have almunia as backup and buy lloris....or akinfeev...or any other goalkeeper to be honest would be better than these two...or sell them both and buy a quality keeper and a young, really promising one as backup...Almunia is no where near good enough - and he was only bought for lehman backup anyway, not 1st choice for a team trying to win the EPL...please for wenger to buy lloris..he likes french guys, they like him and he's amazing...everyone wins

Sell Fabianski, he has proved that he isn't up to the task. Almunia is still by far their best keeper and should Arsene buy someone then I'd prefer him as backup rather than Fabianski. And don't expect Arsene to sign Lloris, Akinfeev, Neuer etc. unless he somehow manages to sign one of them for less than 5M. But he might sign someone we haven't heard so much about but is still a good keeper. Probably from France. Though Asenjo might be a surprise signing.

Another compelling thread from Calum_Arsenal.

How you come up with this stuff is beyond me.

^^ i actually laughed Alex XD

this kid is unstoppable! are you going for the world record on creating threads?

however in relation to your thread, keep em both!

Hands off Joe Hart! He either stays at Man City or returns to St Andrews...

basically the second words "off" chose your first ;)

Sell both and bring in a good young keeper. Throw Mannone on the bench, he doesn't look to bad tbh.

get rid of both probley the best really but maybe keeping almunia as a back up keeper not to much of a bad idea.
why do people always ***** about oh god not another thread ect isn`t that what these forums are about just because its not rooney is the **** or is rafa leaving liverpool it gets slated, hense the reason why i don`t bother anymore, sorry for the rant just gets on my ****!

I didnt want to make a thread on Maarten Stekelenburg so i just changed the OP of this thread about the Arsenal Keepers.

As arsenal need a goalkeeper i think we should sign Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax as he as had a fantastic world cup. And he had prob save of the world cup against villa in the final.

So do you think he would be a sucess at Arsenal ?

Would Wenger Buy him?

Anybody would be better than Almunia/Fabianski.

Though I would rather opt for: Lloris, Neuer, Adler and Enyeama.

im not sure how commanding he his, and thats what arsenal really need, a friedel, someone whos not afraid to smash everyone out the way to pluck the ball from the air

i agree steklenburg has a sensational tournement, but he still looks abit unsure sometimes. manuel neuer was brilliant and young. wenger proberly prefers lloris though because ov the nationailty.

im a big fan of that kawishima...feel free to correct me on spelling if you suck that much, i thought he had a great world cup

I think you should sign Mikkel Andersen :wub:

Carrasso? Asenjo? Possibly Frey (although we want him)?

Am I missing something from Stekelenburg's World Cup because I thought he was pretty average, better than Almunia but not as good as the leading goalkeepers in the premiership which should be the barometer that Aresnal use and not who's better than Almunia becuase you have to go a long way down the table to find a team who field a definitively worse goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back