Thomas Vermaelen DC
Gael Clichy DL
Marouane Fellaini DM
Alex Song DM
Cesc Fabregas CM
Samir Nasri AML
Robin Van Persie AMR
Marouane Chamakh STC

This team worked great for me, but I think it can be improved upon. Whilst I could probably sell all my fringe players and buy Messi, I'd rather buy some top quality youngsters and possibly another defender (I'm selling Squillaci/Djourou/Koscielny)

I'm also wondering if I should replace Sagna with Sergio Ramos as Sagna has been a whiney ***** all season and nearly killed my team's morale.

So, to summarise; one or two quality young defenders, Sergio Ramos, and any established player who might improve my side.

Thanks in advance! :)

Looks like you know what you want then? But I'd replace Chamakh if you want to seriously challenge. Dzeko, Suarez, Lukaku, Neymar, Zarate, Pazzini, Cassano, Abel Hernandez,

Chamach seems to be the weaker link here. The thing is that i was playing almost the same tactic as you (instead of Fellaini i had Moussa Sissoko in mc next to Cesc) and I couldn't get the best out of my striker (mostly Chamack but Rvp was pretty incosistent too). If you have the funds you MUST buy Messi. He'll be much better inside forward than Rvp. Also get Hulk as a striker if you can ....if you can't buy him just retrain Messi as sc. I'm sure it'll be a huge improvement
The green beast was "footballer of the year" and "europe's top marksman" after his 1st season in my Arsenal. Bought him for 8.75 (transfer listed) and he still doesn't speak any english

Looks like you know what you want then? But I'd replace Chamakh if you want to seriously challenge. Dzeko, Suarez, Lukaku, Neymar, Zarate, Pazzini, Cassano, Abel Hernandez,

Unfortunately, Chamakh was probably my best player- league top scorer, Player of the year, highest average performance in the league...

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:30 PM ----------

Ended up getting Marek Hamsik (offered for 6.75m), Sergio Ramos, Ryan Shawcross and Phil Jones. Sold Sagna for £9m just to get him off my wagebook- morale went from Poor to Good as soon as he left. What a *****.

Good for you mate. Every time i played with 1 striker i couldnt get the best out of him. can you please post me your tactic, your team instructions and Chamack's instructions? By the way i also bought Ramos (he got transfer listed for 14mil at the end of the 2nd season) and i'm much better with him.

But I'd replace Chamakh if you want to seriously challenge. Dzeko, Suarez, Lukaku, Neymar, Zarate, Pazzini, Cassano, Abel Hernandez,

wouldnt be doing that, had my own first season with arsenal, chamakh scored 31 league goals, bit hard to replace someone of his calibre

Good for you mate. Every time i played with 1 striker i couldnt get the best out of him. can you please post me your tactic, your team instructions and Chamack's instructions? By the way i also bought Ramos (he got transfer listed for 14mil at the end of the 2nd season) and i'm much better with him.

Sure thing. See attachments.

I think what's so successful about this tactic is that there is a nice balance of attacking talent, with Nasri/Arshavin/Vela/RVP/Walcott/Chamakh all purely offensive players supported by Cesc (best playmaker in the game IMO) who has the license to go forward thanks to the two DMs behind him.

Where are they?

Hey can u tell me what u did with rosicky,jack wilshere,diaby,arshavin,gibs and ramsey? :P

Sure thing. See attachments.

I think what's so successful about this tactic is that there is a nice balance of attacking talent, with Nasri/Arshavin/Vela/RVP/Walcott/Chamakh all purely offensive players supported by Cesc (best playmaker in the game IMO) who has the license to go forward thanks to the two DMs behind him.

Thats too defensive. Play two CMs : one defensive , one supporting and play an AMC as attacking midfielder. It helps. Thats why I won the Prem and the Champ League in my 1st season with Arsenal

Chamakh's been brilliant for me, I've played him as mainly a Deep-Lying Forward and support duty!

288zjah.jpg

Buy Koumar Babacar. I've signed him for Arsenal at the age of 19, for about £25m. You can probably get him in the first season for a lot less. He is absolutely immense. He's my first choice striker, and I'm using Romela Lukaku as back-up. Both amazing.

You should definately try and sign Sime Vrsajlko for a replacement RB if you can he is absolutely amazing I heard. Also don't sell Chamakh I find him to be my most consistent striker and I have Bendtner, RVP, Vela and Falcao as well. Try a 4-1-2-1-2 formation that works wonders with me and sometimes I switch to a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-2.

I play a diamond midfield 4-1-2-1-2 and find that Van Persie is immense and Chamakh has done o.k.
I'm not at my pc, but I think my set up for Chamakh is pretty similar. Might have to go with yours though and see if I can squeeze a bit more out of him. I agree with your team set up being too defensive. I'd push Nasri or Arshavin into the amc role, they're devastating in that role and both will get plenty of goals.
There's plenty of reaaly good young centre backs but their potential ability varies from game to game so I would do some extensive scouting. Phil Jones looks like the kind of lump you'll need, or Varane, Hardstuber. Basically, there are quite a few to try.
Hamsik is a brilliant midfielder if you can get him. Good all rounder.
Shame about Sagna, he's a quality RB. I had the same happen on an old Arsenal game where Arshavin wanted to leave. It's annoying. Have you tried Rafinha, Renan or Srna?
Can't help you with inside forwars as I don't play with them

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Do you use a target man in your system? And, if so, how do you supply them? Really want to try your set up for Chamakh. Just hope it's not going to damage my teams balance.

Back