Arsenal: Nakata at the helm

Reaction score

View attachment 258028 HIDETOSHI NAKATA View attachment 258028View attachment 258027
Set to be Arsenals new Head Coach
-----------------
When world class players retire before the age of thirty it is, more often than not, due to a serious injury. Dutch star Marco van Basten and old big ‘ead Brian Clough are just two who were victims of serious injuries. There are exceptions however when players retire for other reasons, few more famously than in the case of former Japanese midfielder Hidetoshi Nakata.

In July 2006 after the World Cup in Germany, Nakata shocked the world of football by retiring from the beautiful game.

Outside of football Nakata has shown interest in fashion, attending runway shows, wearing designer clothing and sporting colorful haircuts. He dyed his hair blond for the 1998 FIFA World Cup, hoping to attract the attention of European scouts, and Japanese hairstylist Aki Watanabe credits him as a trendsetter in hair styles. Andrea Tenerani, photographer for GQ in Italy said of Nakata, "He's perfect; he's like a model. And he's totally obsessed with fashion," and Calvin Klein designer Italo Zucchelli said, "(Nakata) plays with fashion like all of them now, but in a cooler, more sophisticated way than many others."

But today we are on the back pages...

Nakata has been spotted taking a tour round the Emirates, this certainly would be a bold move for Arsenal, signing such an inexperienced manager so soon after Wengers departure.

-----------------

Arsenal board members have stated that they are currently exploring the option, "We aim to improve on our recent clubs history and we felt it was time to look towards the younger generation and for that reason, we have agreed to meet with Hidetoshi today."

Hidetoshi did eventually leave around 8:00PM, "It's been a long day, I just want to get to my hotel and I will be available to talk tomorrow. I would just like to add that I really have a good feeling about this and I have always been a fan of Wenger, he brought the game to Japan, and I hope to again ignite that flame one day."

-----------------
Next update will be Monday

Last edited:
arsenal_1-14.png
arsenal_2-11.png
arsenal_3-11.png

Shout out to hermanchides, for the kits for the story
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/kits/77629-hermanchides-kit-request-thread.html

Last edited:
So alot has happened at Arsenal
New Manager, Backroom Staff, Players and more...
Here are the details of the changes during Nakata first couple of weeks in charge

-----------------

Staff

Assistant Manager
Tony Coton
First Team Coach
Bruno Demichelis
Coach
Alex Gibson
Élio Carravetta
Peter Drake

Goalkeeping Coach
Simon Smith
John Keeley

Fitness Coach
Gian Nicola Bisciotti
Damian Roden

Youth Coach
Eugênio Carlos de Souza
Liam Brady

Physio
Simon Harland
Gary Lewin

Scout
Berhard Peters
Francis Cagigano
Natal
Kim Vilfort
John Park
Steve Rowley
Christian Karembeu

I still have to sign a few more backroom staff.
(1 Coach; 4 First Team Coaches; 2 Youth Coaches; 1 Physio; and 5 Scouts)

-----------------

Transfers

Main Signings
Lukas Podolski (£20m)
Keisuke Honda (£18m)
Lars Bender (£10m)
David Beckham (£1.8m)
Darijo Srna (£19.25m)

Squad Signings
Antione Griezmann (£14.5m)
Dodô (£3.7m)
Paco Alcácer (£8.75m)

Youth Signings
Luke Parkin (£1.2m)
Luke Shaw (£1.3m)
Alejandro Pozuelo (£2.1m)

Out
Marouane Chamakh (loan to buy)
Tomas Rosicky (£1.9m)
Bacary Sagna (£15m)
Nico Yennaris (loan)
Carl Jenkinson (loan)

Confirmed Future Transfers

Erick Torres (£2.6m)
Jack McBean (£1.2m)
Mateo Kovacic (£1.8m)
Carlos Fierro (£1.3m)

Still Need:-
Goalkeeper (backup)
Left Back (first team)
Winger (rotation)

More Youth is always on the cards, for the right price of course.

-----------------

Current XI
GK - Wojciech Szczesny - Sweeper Keeper (Support)
DR - Darijo Srna - Wing Back (Support)
DL - André Santos - Wing Back (Support)
DC - Per Mertesacker - Limited Defender (Stopper)
DC - Laurent Koscielny - Ball Playing Defender (Cover)
MCR - David Beckham - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)
MC - Alex Song - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)
MCL - Keisuke Honda - Advanced Playmaker (Support)
AMR - Mikel Arteta - Winger (Attack)
AML - Lukas Podolski - Inside Forward (Attack)
FC - Robin van Persie - Poacher (Attack)

-----------------

Friendlies

Hamilton - Lost
1-2 (Tomas Rosicky)

Pumas - Lost
2-4 (Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott)

Colorado - Won
1-0 (Park Chu-Young)

Olympique Lyon - Lost
0-2 (None)

Girondins Bordeaux - Won
3-1 (Gervinho, Lukas Podolski, Park Chu-Young)

Daegu - Draw
0-0 (None)

Suwon - Draw
2-2 (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ryoo Myung-Ho (og))

-----------------

Next Update will be after the Transfer Window has closed
-----------------

(Man City (EPL-Away), Panathinaikos (CL-Home), Everton (EPL-Home), Panathinaikos (CL-Away), Tottenham (EPL-Away)
-----------------
(Just for future reference... which format is preferred (newspaper style or this new detailed/relaxed/casual approach)???? Let me know guys...)

I know arsenal have a big budget at the start? but I wonder how you managed to spend so much on players - looks like you spent £60m+ with only sagna bringing in any real money

I know arsenal have a big budget at the start? but I wonder how you managed to spend so much on players - looks like you spent £60m+ with only sagna bringing in any real money

make that £80m+

I probably won't do it again unless I want to sign alot of players, but all my transfers generally are spread over 48 months, and therefore the budgets are not affected that much aloowing me to spend more money than the transfer budget.

Podolski has already been bought?

No I signed him, I haven't downloaded any custom db, it's just the normal update from after Jan 2012

Back